Poppet valves

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewkid

Reaction score
Ive just gone to the LHBS and picked up some new seals and some poppet valves, i tried to put the new ones in but they wont stay in place?

Apparently these new ones are universal?

They are different to the old ones, do i need the same as the ones i pulled out?

Please help.

Cheers.

rps20160903_135800.jpg

no need to be held in place...
the dip tube will hold it up, though there are different 'universal' ones which have different spring lengths

The ones i got recently are longer than that so in some they are rather tight and in others i needed to cut the spring a bit shorter

Yeah its holding pressure now.
New seals and poppets,now just need to do the other 4 kegs i have.

Don't ever remove and then clean out your posts at your laundry sink, without a fine "strainer" in place in the plug hole.
Poppets have a death wish to suddenly detach out of the post and reunite with the local sewage works.

Bribie G said:
Don't ever remove and then clean out your posts at your laundry sink, without a fine "strainer" in place in the plug hole.
Poppets have a death wish to suddenly detach out of the post and reunite with the local sewage works.

LMFAO, learn that the hard way did you Bribie.

And if they can't find a sink plug hole, they'll happily bounce around the floor until they find the floor waste.

I haven't had one escape yet, but a few close calls.

mofox1 said:
Haha.. also stir bars.
I hold my stir bars to the side of my flask with a rare earth magnet while I'm cleaning out the flask. Then I soak the inside with warm nappy cleaner, rinse with the bar in place and ready to go again.

And if you pick up a second hand keg and the poppet valves are really stuck leading you to decide to push them out with a screw driver, ,,,,,put the on the bench before pushing. Turns out a screw driver goes through the hand really really easy.
Found out the hard way, pretty dumb really
Didn't bleedthatmuch either

Back