Poppet Valve Seals

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gretschem

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just received some seals I purchased off eBay.

The poppet valve seals that have been supplied are different to my original ones.

Please see attached pic !

The one I brought is on the left

003.JPG

Hey,

only just started kegging a week ago, so not the most experienced person to get advice from,

But ive had the same oring from many different oring seal replacement kits, I just put some food grade lube on it wacked it on and its sealed fine.

OT and of little help, but how to you get the old seal off and the new one on?

cheers

Grant

OT and of little help, but how to you get the old seal off and the new one on?

cheers

Grant

I used some tweezers to remove the old seal, and as mentioned some lube to wack the new one back on...

Cheers

Hi

I just did the same thing on the weekend. I've got a real old Firestone keg which the LHB didn't have a poppet for. He replaced the seal and it was virtually exactly the same as yours except it was a white plastic one and the old one was a black rubber O ring. Haven't tested it yet though.

Cheers

lol, I haven't "wacked" the new one on yet, cos' I'm not sure if it's the correct one,

help please ???

The new seal looks flat and not much like the usual seal at all - is that right? If so I imagine it mightn't fit so well. These aren't expensive items I'd try to get the usual style, just for the piece of mind. Of course if someone here has actually used that style seal then ....

All of my kegs have the one on the left. They seal fine - unless they're damaged but now I know how to replace them :)

Ive used those new poppet seals and they fit fine.

Im not sure if yours are the same but my poppets have a small groove that the ring on the seal sits in.

Latest posts

Back