Poor Customer Service From Auscrown

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donburke

Reaction score
i ordered and paid for a one ring burner from auscrown yesterday

courier arrived today, open the box, inside was a 2 ring burner

i call them, explain i ordered a one ring, they say they'll check what happened and ring me back

i get a call back acknowledging their error, followed by a 5 minute advertising campaign trying to convince me that the two ring is better suited to my needs

in fact, it wasnt better suited to my needs, and in fact its not what i ordered, as i kept reminding her

i said why dont you send me the correct burner that i ordered, along with an express post satchel, and i will return the 2 ring burner in that satchel, or alternatively, arrange for the courier to collect

this is where the discussion took a turn for the worse ...

they kept harping on about their sales policy, that faulty or exchange items must be sent back to them at customers cost, and the postage cost will be refunded

i said "you want me to outlay another $15 and my time to go to the post office to send this back to you FOR YOUR MISTAKE" ?

then i get told she would have to check for stock of the one ring ...

... perhaps there was a reason i was sent the 2 ring burner

anyway, we are at a mexican standoff and i certainly will never purchase a product bearing their name nor will i ever endorse any of their products

whilst we are human and sometimes mistakes do happen, i will do anything i can to compensate a client if they have been inconvenienced through a fault of mine, and likewise be honest in my representations

poor form auscrown

I have ask for 2 quotes from andale online on there fonts and have had absolutely nothing back. Nil, zip, nada.

BTW a 2 ring burner would suit u better. :ph34r: :ph34r:

She is sleeping with the packing boy. In extra time.
And yeah, dumb...

A small mistake doesnt quiet deserve a post like that but I can understand your frustration. I had nothing but a great service from auscrown a few months ago and I found them to be very helpful and informing with my burner. A mistake is a mistake and they should arrange for a courier to pick it up from you and it should have ended the dispute. However this is not their policy.

This is the policy on their site that you mentioned :

"4. Once a return is approved we will credit your original method of payment, excluding the delivery fee (unless goods are faulty or not as ordered). A refund will be processed as soon as the items have been received and inspected by Austcrown Pty Ltd."

As mentioned the items must be sent back at customers cost, and the postage cost will be refunded. This is their policy and unless you return the item you wont get the burner you were after unfortunalty.

Once its posted back and you receive your new burner you will be refunded for the postage so its not like you will be out of pocket.

i call them, explain i ordered a one ring, they say they'll check what happened and ring me back

i get a call back acknowledging their error, followed by a 5 minute advertising campaign trying to convince me that the two ring is better suited to my needs

in fact, it wasnt better suited to my needs, and in fact its not what i ordered, as i kept reminding her

i said why dont you send me the correct burner that i ordered, along with an express post satchel, and i will return the 2 ring burner in that satchel, or alternatively, arrange for the courier to collect

they kept harping on about their sales policy, that faulty or exchange items must be sent back to them at customers cost, and the postage cost will be refunded

i said "you want me to outlay another $15 and my time to go to the post office to send this back to you FOR YOUR MISTAKE" ?

anyway, we are at a mexican standoff and i certainly will never purchase a product bearing their name nor will i ever endorse any of their products

whilst we are human and sometimes mistakes do happen, i will do anything i can to compensate a client if they have been inconvenienced through a fault of mine, and likewise be honest in my representations

poor form auscrown
Maybe you could swap it for a couple of Keg King elements :lol:
I have bought from Austcrown before and always had very good service.

Nev

poor form auscrown

I totally agree. Why the hell should the customer have to pay return postage for a mistake clearly made by the sender.
It's simply not good enough, period.
Pull ya head in turtle.

A small mistake doesnt quiet deserve a post like that but I can understand your frustration. I had nothing but a great service from auscrown a few months ago and I found them to be very helpful and informing with my burner. A mistake is a mistake and they should arrange for a courier to pick it up from you and it should have ended the dispute. However this is not their policy.

"4. Once a return is approved we will credit your original method of payment, excluding the delivery fee (unless goods are faulty or not as ordered). A refund will be processed as soon as the items have been received and inspected by Austcrown Pty Ltd."

As mentioned the items must be sent back at customers cost, and the postage cost will be refunded. This is their policy and unless you return the item you wont get the burner you were after unfortunalty.

Once its posted back and you receive your new burner you will be refunded for the postage so its not like you will be out of pocket.

lets not forget who stuffed up here

this is not about a faulty product or me changing my mind

its about error on their part, not mine, yet i am the one that is to be inconvenienced ?

Maybe you could swap it for a couple of Keg King elements :lol:
I have bought from Austcrown before and always had very good service.

Nev

everyone is your friend during good times, but true friends shine in moments of darkness

Its very simple Don, Dept of Fair Trading,

they have sent you an item you did not order.......and have not sent you an item you did.

There are obliged under commercial law to supply you with the item as ordered..if they are unable to supply they can offer you a similar item
if you are in agreeance or they are required to refund any moneys paid.

The wrong item they sent is also their responsibilty to organise a return. Because you have not paid for it, it still belongs to them.

Contact them again and request the item you ordered, or a refund, or a report to Fair Trading, most places dont like to get too involved with Fair Trading.

**** their sales policy, no sale has taken place until YOU get what you ordered.

Did you buy through e-bay, if so bad feedback is another thing most retailers dont want.

The OP isn't about the mistake, its about them sending the wrong item then wanting him to pay the return postage, their mistake - they should pay.

WTF happened to decent customer service these days?

The OP isn't about the mistake, its about them sending the wrong item then wanting him to pay the return postage, their mistake - they should pay.

WTF happened to decent customer service these days?

They do pay, the postage is refunded. So really only out of pocket a few days. New burner arrives. Brew beer. Drink beer. Happy brewer.

They do pay, the postage is refunded. So really only out of pocket a few days. New burner arrives. Brew beer. Drink beer. Happy brewer.

Burner goes back, gets mixed up at warehouse, gets lost for 4 days, returned to shelf, sent to new customer, Don still waiting for refund and burner....

Their records would show EXACTLY what they sent, and they would know it's wrong. No need for Don to pay for return popstage. They sue Don if he doesn't send incorrect burner back. The customer is always right, at least they used to be.

Doesn't matter who you think should be right or what you think should happen - if it's clearly stated in their policy that it needs to be returned at the customer's expense and that they will recompense then that is how it is.

Read the policy before buying and if you think it's unfair, don't buy.

Maybe the lady's phone manner was a bit off. I'd bite the bullet, return the damn thing, get what I wanted and get my postage back but maybe I'm a bit slow.

Doesn't matter who you think should be right or what you think should happen - if it's clearly stated in their policy that it needs to be returned at the customer's expense and that they will recompense then that is how it is.
The rule posted is clearly talking about the original postage paid in the event of returning non-faulty/incorrect item. Does not mention the second postage at all. I accept that they have offered to pay him back for it but it is not what that rule says at all.

You're right in that you catch more flies with honey than recalcitrant pouting but Don is completely in the right.

I just read through the full terms and conditions and you are correct.

It does not state what I, or Midnight Brew originally suggested it does state.

It still does suggest that faulty/wish to be exchanged goods (which I guess this falls under) need to be returned on instruction and inspected before refunds will be issued.

That's a little more ambiguous though and while Don would catch more flies with honey, so might they.

I TAKE IT ALL BACK!

That's why I bolded the section of the quote I felt was relevant to his situation, Don shouldn't have to pay anything, it's their own rules plain and simple, their mistake - they pay

except in this case, they wanted to argue the point and not pay, very poor customer service

I'd send it back with an invoice for the postage cost, plus my time spent faffing around organising postage and calling them. Only fair.

I had a problem with Telstra customer service once, morons, anyway... Hung up and called again to talk to a different operator, demanded to talk to the supervisor.
A lot of these drones are under strict instructions NOT to think. Take it to somebody that's paid to think.

I can see where you are coming from. They stuffed up and now it is your issue. I was going to say, I would ensure they have a single burner available before proceeding, but either way it wont help the situation as regardless you don't want the unit which was sent. Since they have offered a refund on the return postage I would proceed and just send it but ensure you have a tracking number. Although I agree it wouldn't be hard for them to arrange the courier to pick up the old one when they are dropping off the correct item, which I think would be easiest for both parties.

QldKev

Back