Polyurethane Tubing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kymba

what?
Reaction score
can I use one of these from my keg to my tap?

can't seem to find much about polyurethane in contact with food / beer, but oldmate on ebay recons it is ok

cheers

kymba

can't seem to find much about polyurethane in contact with food / beer, but oldmate on ebay recons it is ok

cheers

kymba

Here's something else to consider:
Potentially 2 metres could be too short? Have a look at Crozdog's spreadsheet on balancing a draught system for reccomendations on beer line length LINKY

Here's something else to consider:
Potentially 2 metres could be too short? Have a look at Crozdog's spreadsheet on balancing a draught system for reccomendations on beer line length LINKY

good point. might add a metre or so of beer line before the coil

cheers

kymba

NO!
Unless you enjoy the taste of plastic.
Lancer and Valpar have spent alot of time and effort in developing Polyethylene tubing with an appropriate inner membrane for a reason.
What size tubing do you require and how much.... I might be able to help B)
Recoil is for overhead gas lines in commercial set ups... or for running your rattle gun in a well set up workshop.
"Old Mate" is fleecing you to flog it as beer line.

cheers

kymba
$30 for 2m :eek: . thats more than proper beer line. seriosuly why?

edit: most expensive beer line (flexmasterII) sold by 1 site sponsor is only $2.50 a meter.

saw a heap of these in a pub barrel room ..they must be ok..
You saw them used as gas lines.
Flexmaster is low grade beer line designed for flexibility but will break down over time. Valpar/Andale Brewmaster then Andale Brewmaster Q guard are superior.

thanks for the replies, i will steer clear of the polyurethane and try making my own from flexmaster

kymba

everything wears out and i didnt say gas lines either
Could you tell me where you saw recoil hoses used as drop leads to transfer beer?
Flexmaster is perfectly suitable for homebrewing applications but it will stain and develop a taint over a short period of time. Flexmaster is porous Clean it regularly, if at ambient temperature then at most weekly If constantly refrigerated then at most monthly.

wow, that stuff is a rip off. Dont go there. If you want recoil, just clean your beer/gas line out with boiling. That will do it everytime.

Latest posts

Back