Polysulfone Qc's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markws

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased polysulfone plastic 1/2" QC in Australia except at possibly more beer (USA) and the /grain and grape?

Regards

MWS

Yes you can purchase them in Australia from the Australian distributor but you can buy them from US plastics and import them at a fraction of the price.

Santa got me some of these for xmas, I was very happy. I did a small amount of investigating and it worked out a fair bit cheaper to order the parts from More beer than to get to order them thru the Australian distributor and that included shipping costs. But maybe you should look into US plastics as MWS suggested and get them even cheaper, G&G is more expensive again.

Cheerio

Dazzling

I've ordered various bits from MoreBeer and it usually takes less than 2 weeks to arrive at my door.

Went to order some of these from more beer and the freight is quoted at over $80 US!
I'll stick to G&G

Yeah, freight using UPS. If it comes via USPS (Global Priority or Airmail) it should only cost you between $9 and $20. Hopefully $9US using a large flatrate envelope.

Send them an email. They ship by USPS, however I have sent them emails enquiring about whether they ship USPS and they said they did and it was an "option" on their checkout page-it's not!

I couldn't be bothered emailing them to tell them otherwise as I didn't order the parts. Send them an email and they will sort you out. If your going to buy more than a couple (ie. 6 or so) then it's definitely worth the trouble as you'll probably save your self 50%.

Up to you.

Cheers, Justin

I ordered full flow polysufone QD's directly from US Plastics last year, however they insist on using a courier firm(DHL) rather than USPS.

To quote US Plastics "I do understand how you would want the USPS. However we do not ship goods this way. In the past we have lost too much money and the way to do claims is so hard. So it has become policy that we not use them"

So even though Freight is a lot more expensive via a courier firn, it still works out way cheaper than local options for these QDs.

BTW, polysufone QD's rock :super:

Thanks for the responses -

I ordered some from more beer last night plus some silicon tubing as mentioned by doc as the 'stuff to use' for hosing. As I suspected the local suppliers do ask alot of money for these items in comparision to the US groups.

A few more steps closer to AG's.

MWS

Yeah like Justin mentioned, their check-out system does not have a UPS option, but if you send them and email before you order the parts enquiring about using UPS then they will reply and tell you that they do in fact use them. Then when ordering the parts there is a special instructions spot to type any comments you have, this is where you type a reminder that you wish to have the items shipped via UPS. I had no problems doing this and all it took was one email to them. Well worth it...... :beer:

Dazzling

Does anyone have any photos of the QD's they bought and how they are being used?
Thanks

Dazzling, I think you mean USPS (United States Postal Service) not UPS (United Postal Service).

If you make the mistake and order using UPS you will get a very NASTY shock.

Make sure it's USPS guys, not UPS.

Dazzling, if you can you might want to edit your post so as not to confuse others. No one really wants a UPS surprise. They are theiving b@stards when it comes to international shipments.

Cheers, Justin

Recieved today my order of cfc Qc's for my AG equipment.

They definately look the goods...interestingly reviewing the construction of the QC I do have a minor concern that the plastic will not be 'rugged' enough to survive heavy handedness (only minor!!!!).

Definately as others have mentioned the silicon tubing is impressive.

Hope to have some pics in the near future of the AG gear.

Thanks again for the imput and information.

Regards

MWS

This place has almost every plumbing fitting you could imagine, including the sanitary connect stainless stuff (like the pro breweries use). Its in the USA, but things are pretty cheap relative to what they can be here. Website is tough to navigate at times, but worth it...

www.mcmaster.com

Justin said:
Dazzling, I think you mean USPS (United States Postal Service) not UPS (United Postal Service).

If you make the mistake and order using UPS you will get a very NASTY shock.

Make sure it's USPS guys, not UPS.

Dazzling, if you can you might want to edit your post so as not to confuse others. No one really wants a UPS surprise. They are theiving b@stards when it comes to international shipments.

Cheers, Justin
[post="104163"][/post]​

Tell me about it, I was looking at getting a plate chiller from morebeer and UPS shipping cost more than the chiller. However they will do USPS if you ask for it, even USPS EMS post is far cheaper.

Kai said:
Tell me about it, I was looking at getting a plate chiller from morebeer and UPS shipping cost more than the chiller. However they will do USPS if you ask for it, even USPS EMS post is far cheaper.
[post="108490"][/post]​

I got a more beer CFWC shipped via USPS and it was about $20-30, vs something insane for UPS.

Back