Poll: How Many People Have Paypal Accounts?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a PayPal Account?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No and I don't intend on getting one.

• No, but I wouldn't mind signing up

• Total voters

dane

Reaction score
There's two reasons why I ask...

First up, I have been looking into the Gallery and wanting to get it online. The old Gallery was a modded Gallery that had been intergrated with the old forum software so that members didn't have to re-sign in to use it's functions. It wasn't the prettiest thing but it worked fairly well and it's always good to see pics of everyone.

At this stage there is no custom hack for the new forum software.

Gallery are also in the process of developing a new system (which is bloody brilliant) but who knows how long it might be before someone codes a mod to intergrate it with IPB 2.x

Maybe one of the reasons that no one has done it is that Invission (the makers of this forum) have developed their own Gallery software that intergrated seamlessly into the forums.

It isn't cheap:

* Initial Fee: $USD65.00
* Yearly Upgrade Fee: $USD30

Thats ontop of my IPB lifetime license which cost $USD185 that I got over the weekend.

Now...back to paypal.

I was thinking if I could round up some loose PayPal change that I might be able to purchase Gallery for the forum.

I fyou don't already have an account, it is a piece of cake to sign up [signup] and you can just add a credit card to the account and when you make a purchase/donation it is just subtracted from your card. The other option is that you send funds to it and have it like an online back account.

The other reason for this poll is to gauge how many people already have PayPal accounts, cause it would be a nice way ot purchasing the merchandise (when it is available). I don't want to be getting into credit card transactions, so PayPal or direct debit are my only real options.

Well lets see how this goes.

If people want to start donating some cash, as soon as I have enough I'll purchase Gallery for the board.

The one downside will be that there is no upgrade path from the old Gallery to the new one. I will manually move the pics over, but I may not have the enery to do comments, etc. Also date/timestamps will be wrong.

Still I like the idea of knowling that whatever future upgrades we have both forum and gallery will be able to function together.

To send funds/donate click on the link at the bottom right of the website.

:beer:

C'mon you guys,

Hit the paypal account and send Dane a few dollars to keep the show alive!!!
:beer:

Cheers

Well I am in

Come on guys this is the best HB site around , chuck a few bucks Danes way to keep there

Batz

Dane,

I'm all for supporting the site, and have used Paypal to donate to AHB in the past.
I think it would also be nice to have a small box at the top of the forum that shows latest donations so that people get a small recognition that they have donated and others get to see who is helping support the site.
If you ever used TorrentReactor.com (now gone :angry: ) they used to having something like this.

Thoughts ?

Doc

Well Dane, I don't have a pay-pal acc., but if you PM me your bank details, I will certainly donate
Normell

Donation Just made, it was a pleasure to help out.
Maybe Dane could charge a $5 join fee.

I wouldnt mind at all $5 dollars isnt much to me but work out how much it would help to cover costs of this site.

$5 X 800 members so fay would have netted $4000 for dane to help out.

$2.50 X 800 = $2000

So a little bit of pocket change will help AHB become stronger.

Food for thought,

D

Yeah I might look at a AHB donations page, thats a cool idea.

Thank so much for the donations guys.

I'd prefer to stear clear of a joining fee, however in the Auto PM for new users, I could have a donation section in there.

There are other options, ie. suscriptions that once paid will unrestrict an imposed usgae limit on the Gallery for instance.

At this stage I don't need/want to do that.

I think with some donations, and the sales of merchandise, and hopefully some offical AHB sponsers I should be covering any out of pocket expenses.

Thanks again for those dontations guys!

I actually voted No, and that i wasn't intending to get one, but then I read your post Dane.

So, I'll change my vote to: No, I don't have one, but am signign up now.

Cheers Dane

<Edit>
And done .... guys, it only takes 5 mins to setup the paypal stuff.

Thnx Boots,

Yeah I have had one for ages and never really used it, but now how you can add a credit card to it and pay using that it's really cool - it's the fastest way to send/pay for anything on the net as it is instant.

Yes easy as. Donation Done Dane(D3 I like that!)

Cheers
Roach

No probs dane.
Donated earlier on today.

cheers
johnno

I have one... don't have a credit card though.

Dane
I have tried to sign up for paypal, but all I get is basically a blank page, and the only thing that I can click on os the paypal insignia. I am on an apple, and sometimes have this trouble, but I will try again later, incase their site is on the blink. If I cant get an account, is there another way I can send a donation?
Trent

No I didnt have one, but I do now and have donated. Keep up the good work.

What sort of mac are you using, Trent? Have you tried using a different browser?

I now have a paypal account and when I get to work and verify my enrolment (gave my work email address) I will also donate.

Trent, like Kai says, try another browser. My Mac seems to prefer Safari, especially with the new skin. I managed to get enrolled no hassle.

OK guys
Its my fiancees computer, I will see what browser she has on it, and see if we can get safari. I will try and join up again now, though, incase I struck it at a bad traffic time (or some other such computer hiccup)
Cheers
Trent

Back