Pluto gun fittings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cummy

Reaction score
I have acquired a second hand Pluto gun and am new to kegging. I have set up my kegs and lines (4 kegs). I'm not sure if I have all the parts for the gun? Does this look right?

Also, if I want to do a force carbination, do I just disconnect the other kegs, turn up the regulator, do my stuff, turn it down and reconnect?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I don't really want stuff anything up.

image.jpg

Yes, but the nut and olive are for 6X10 line, if you use 6X10 line then no problem, if not you will need to either get the right line or change the nut and olive for the ones to fit the line you use (typically 4X7 or 5X8).
Its an Andale gun if that helps, if your LHBS cant help you Andale have a store in Brisbane I believe.
Mark

I have a similar Pluto gun which leaks from the area the beer line enters the gun, is this the rifgt way round for the olive?

Attachments

• IMG_1212.JPG
    IMG_1212.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 30
No, the olive should be the other way around. Heat the end 10mm of the line, fit the nut then push the olive in till its flush with the end, the line then folds in behind the shoulder of the olive and seals.
Mark

I find a pen works well for pushing the olive in
Mark

Back