Pleasant Experience Buying Elements Through Stokes Distributor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seravitae

Reaction score
Hello,

Not sure if this is the right spot to put it but it is gear related. Retail section seems to be for buyers and sellers only, not for reviews. (Maybe AHB could use a review section, or maybe I am blind?) Either way mods please feel free to move if its suited better in another section.

Just wanted to say, no affiliation, but I bought some serious business stokes elements (3x 6kW triple-element + thermowell 2" BSP, and 1x 2kW foldback 2" BSP) for my pilot rig (mostly for testing controllers, so I need to push them power-wise) through Lou J. Murray & Co. Pty. Ltd. (Brisbane) - stokes part distributors.

Just wanted to say that after umming-and-ahhing and changing my order several times, around 15 emails, not once did they complain or seem rude/pushy about handling my order or my constant changes. Some items were not in stock but were obtained quite quickly. For reference the 2kW 2" BSP incoloy element with thermowell was $117. Some may argue this is a high price but upon inspection it is a chunky element that is well built and is a turnkey solution. I did not want to fart around with cutting up kettles and doing things in an unsafe/dodgy manner and I wanted replacements to be effortless and reproducible.

I went to pickup my items today and the staff were very friendly, and they have an huge and awesome star wars theme/scene airbrushed on the wall to look at while they grab your order, and a dog that really wants to play. Relaxed businesses like that, to me, often contain staff that actually enjoy their work. Even as a small fry (given some of the rediculously huge elements they had there) they did not once treat me like an imbicile or a waste of time (as I have been treated in a number of both retail and industrial outlets looking for brew parts).

In this day and age i'd rather pay a premium and give money to a company that enjoys their work and values their customers, and LJM did just that.

Should I need elements again in future, for brewing or not, this company will definately be my first port of call and will definately recommend it to my non AHB friends as well.

Not me, but another guy up here also delt with them, same positive outcome. :beerbang:

after umming-and-ahhing and changing my order several times, around 15 emails, not once did they complain or seem rude/pushy about handling my order or my constant changes. Some items were not in stock but were obtained quite quickly.

They must be homebrewers :lol:

Back