Plastic Cooler Box

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Coors have recently released a new packaging mechanism in the US. Just like buying a case of beer, but it contains 18 bottles that are plastic. However the case is actually a Plastic Cooler Box. You just add ice.

I wonder how long it will take VB to market this as its summer beach/cricket promotion ? :lol:

The innovative plastic-bottle cooler box is the industry's first ice-ready bottle package that can go anywhere. Consumers need only add ice to the cooler to enjoy the cold beer anywhere, anytime. The break-resistant, 16-oz plastic bottles mean that now, consumers can have beer where glass isn't allowed, such as the pool or the beach. According to Coors, the resealable plastic bottles keep beer colder longer than glass bottles and aluminum cans.

Beers,
Doc

CoorsPlasticCoolerBox.jpg

More importantly, how well would it serve as an impromptu mash tun?

i can see carona at the beach volleyball........ :p

cub use to sell plastic 500ml carlton cold at various venues. at the gold coast indy a few years ago, an attractive beer maiden would even deliver them close to your grandstand seat :) being about 40'c in the stands made that beer very acceptable...

in hindsight, i should have kept a few of those bottles....

Back