Plastic Conicals

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sosman

beerling
Reaction score
Somone posted a link on r.c.b re these:

plastic conicals.

15 gallon one is under $US60

8551p.jpg

And the frame under it is an extra US$50. So US$107.43 plus freight for the 15 gal

How much does Santa sleigh hold?????

It shouldn't be too hard to knock up a frame yourself. I guess the freight for something so bulky could be an issue.

Are these just like those other plastic fermenters that you see already made up with all the taps on the botom etc. I suppose you would need to add a couple of taps etc.
I suppose what Im asking is is how much would you need to add on/ modify to make this a ful on beer fermenter.
There is some interest in one of the larger ones(60-85) gallon. I wonder How much a kettle for a batch that size would cost. hehehehe

Ross said:
This link was just posted over on Grumpy's.

http://www.mivamall.com/Merchant2/merchant...ategory_Code=FM

Not bad looking conicals.

cheers Ross...
[post="100957"][/post]​
Those look pretty good and seem to have all the fittings in place. From what I can make of the USPS web site shipping could be had for about $US55 for express shipping 4-10 days. So that would be about US$200 all up or about AU$270. The saving for economy shipping is only about US$10.

We just need to convince a local plastic manufacturer to have a go.

I got a catalog sent to me from Minibrew just before Xmas.
I remember looking at the prices then filing the catalog in the "one day" pile.
I can dig it out tonight and post the prices if you wish Ross.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
I got a catalog sent to me from Minibrew just before Xmas.
I remember looking at the prices then filing the catalog in the "one day" pile.
I can dig it out tonight and post the prices if you wish Ross.

Beers,
Doc
[post="100965"][/post]​

Thanks Doc,

i've emailed them to see if there's an Aussie distributor or whether they'd like one... if they're made in China, would be nice to get a direct shipment here...
I'll keep you posted...

cheers Ross

I found a local fabricator for plastic conicals in WA....
would need to add a side entry point for racking though.

Its on my to-do list once the brewery is recomissioned at my new joint.

cone bottom tanks

I like the look of the 100litre measuring cone bottom. A couple of these side by side in an old glass doored drinks fridge is the plan....

Asher for now

Has any one got anywhere with these?

Who makes all the normal fermenters? Surely if enoguh people wanted them they could make it a bit bigger and with a conical base. we could make out own stands easily enough. Maybe thicker plastic, better lids and stronger threadings to tape 1/2" stainless fittings.

Who makes all the normal fermenters? Surely if enoguh people wanted them they could make it a bit bigger and with a conical base.

Tried that approach a few years back with two different manufacturers of the screw-lid fermenters. An ungodly amount of $$$$ for the die, and a minimum run of 30,000 units... kind of put the brakes on that idea.

Who makes all the normal fermenters? Surely if enoguh people wanted them they could make it a bit bigger and with a conical base. we could make out own stands easily enough. Maybe thicker plastic, better lids and stronger threadings to tape 1/2" stainless fittings.

Ash, Im in Perth and would be willing to do some kind of experiment with something like this to see what could be done ...

I think Asher was heldup by 1) checking out the aspect ratios (fermenter height to width, in theory those conicals are a bit tall and narrow for ideal fermenting conditions, in reality who knows) and 2) his honeymoon in Belgium.

This is probably the only thing that makes me wish i lived in america.. they can get what ever they want for homebrewing.

how do you think this would go? id thoguht about thios before but its so much easier when some one does it for you. I dont tihnk the angle would be very useful but its a good effort!
http://www.fermentap.com/valvekit.html

The angle is definately all wrong using a 23 Litre glass fermenter. You would get better use with an upturned wine demijohn, but then the glass is so thin in those that any krausen blocking the gas relief tubing would likely result in a 25 litre bottle bomb.

Quack,
TSD

Looked at the fermentap things ash, they got many a mention some years back. Since then nobody local seems to stock them, which makes me wonder if maybe they fell out of favour.

finally... My 100 litre plastic cylindroconical tank (will only use it for 60l though)

PlasticCCV.jpg

SS 3piece valves & rotatable racking tube
temp controlled fridge - its a tight fit... Welded up some brackes so the tank just slides in where the old shelving was

Asher for now

finally... My 100 litre plastic cylindroconical tank (will only use it for 60l though)

View attachment 10715

SS 3piece valves & rotatable racking tube
temp controlled fridge - its a tight fit... Welded up some brackes so the tank just slides in where the old shelving was

Asher for now

awesome asher :super: , what were the costs involved please? makes my 25l one look like a kids toy...

cheers ross

Oh behold, that is just awsome !

Fan didilly tastic ....

:beer:

Back