Plastic Barrel For A Keg - Is It Possible?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect you are right Johnno - some large capitalist scrap dealer (like Ross) will probably get the contract and shred them all.

:super:

What about using the pressure sprayer type barrel, has this been tried. They come in lots of sizes. Have one about 10L with thick/strong walls. Replacing the threaded cap and pump would not be difficult and the thing has two threaded nipples for gas in and beer out, should be able to bastardise some fittings. These would be a great size for the average fridge.

Screwtop said:
What about using the pressure sprayer type barrel, has this been tried. They come in lots of sizes. Have one about 10L with thick/strong walls. Replacing the threaded cap and pump would not be difficult and the thing has two threaded nipples for gas in and beer out, should be able to bastardise some fittings. These would be a great size for the average fridge.
[post="88983"][/post]​
It has been done. See an article on it : http://new.craftbrewer.org/Library/Gear/GS...CheapKegs.shtml

Sorry about the long URL, I have not worked it out how to change the name and still lead you to the same link.

:chug:
PeterS....

Wortgames said:
I suspect you are right Johnno - some large capitalist scrap dealer (like Ross) will probably get the contract and shred them all.

:super:
[post="78003"][/post]​

Glad this thread got recirculated - That one had slipped through unnoticed :D

Latest posts

Back