Places To Go Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a german resturant (Forgot the name) accross the road from Flower Drum. They do an awersome feed, and beer of course!

Is that the place with the two rooms, one for east germany and one for west germany?

Is that the place with the two rooms, one for east germany and one for west germany?

German Resturant is Hofbrauhaus. 18- 28 Market Lane.
Improved heaps since reopening after the fire. Expensive food and steins of Hofbrau Beer, but food is great and fantastic atmosphere on a Saturday night upstairs with the slap dancing. Book ahead to be sure you get in on a weekend.

The East/West Berlin place the Berlin Bar is not far away. 16 Corrs Lane.
You go up a flight of stairs, press the buzzer and wait to be let in. The put you in either East or West. Each side has their own unique cocktails, that are only served on that side of the bar/wall. Decent list of German beers available on both sides.

Enjoy.

Slightly :icon_offtopic:

You'll have no problems going to Biero this coming week, but Beer Krout has just informed me that Biero is to close on the 3rd of March and will re-open in a new location in mid-winter 2012.

Hopefully it doesn't go the same way as Slowbeer Bottleshop. Many of us are still hanging out for that place to finally get its act together and re-open. (sigh!)

Hopper.

Slightly :icon_offtopic:

You'll have no problems going to Biero this coming week, but Beer Krout has just informed me that Biero is to close on the 3rd of March and will re-open in a new location in mid-winter 2012.

Hopefully it doesn't go the same way as Slowbeer Bottleshop. Many of us are still hanging out for that place to finally get its act together and re-open. (sigh!)

Hopper.

Latest on Slow Beer is an opening late March/early April 2012
Damn Council Permits, Licenses and Neighbours etc.

Had a look at the temple brewing website... gotta go just to drool at the bling. Looks like a place to take the missus, might even get some brownie points.
Thanks for all the advice
Cheers
Sean

German Resturant is Hofbrauhaus. 18- 28 Market Lane.
Improved heaps since reopening after the fire. Expensive food and steins of Hofbrau Beer, but food is great and fantastic atmosphere on a Saturday night upstairs with the slap dancing. Book ahead to be sure you get in on a weekend.

The East/West Berlin place the Berlin Bar is not far away. 16 Corrs Lane.
You go up a flight of stairs, press the buzzer and wait to be let in. The put you in either East or West. Each side has their own unique cocktails, that are only served on that side of the bar/wall. Decent list of German beers available on both sides.

Enjoy.

Thats Right, just near sichuan house. I usually head to the berlin bar for a few fire extinguishers after a chilli fest.

Got back sunday arvo from melbourne.
Great food/ cafes. Non beer wise had lunches at flower drum and bistro vue, and a dinner at golden fields, all three great.

Friday night went to temple brewing. Started with a tasting plate, no draught available so got the midnight ipa in its place, pretty good as not a fan of por. The soba, saison and bicycle beer were our pics. Ordered some entree plates as the missus was a bit off colour ( thought she was hungry) and a pot of the soba and bicycle beer. Decided she wasnt hungry but crook, went to the loo and threwup. Came back and thought she felt better, one piece of potato fixed that...off again to the loo. Had to quickly not back the beers and food and after third trip to loo cabbed home. That night fire alarm went off at hotel at 2.45 am and had to evacuate. Lot of bands from soundwave were staying at the hotel so it was spot the muso time out on the footpath for half an hour.

On last day checked out hofbrauhaus but opened too late for us to make it to plane so went to little reatures for quick lunch tried the bright, both the white rabbits ( wit and black ) and a bottle of the english cider which was good. Liked the wit and the bright ale, black didnt taste black enough if that makes sense.

Thanks for the tips, need longer next time.

And maybe catch up with some brewers as well?

Temple is great if you can make it.

Hi Manticle,
Is the temple in the city, I will be in melbourne, 8th and 9th may, for a air con trade fair woopdydooStaying at crown promenade , near convention centre, are there any places within walking distance, I could cab it if needed.
Cheers

Hi Manticle,
Is the temple in the city, I will be in melbourne, 8th and 9th may, for a air con trade fair woopdydooStaying at crown promenade , near convention centre, are there any places within walking distance, I could cab it if needed.
Cheers

Temple is a few kms out of the city to the north. Take Trams 1 or 8 from Swanston Street to East Brunswick.
Get off at Weston Street. Walk 50m.
http://www.templebrewing.com.au/contact/
Tell Renata your a brewer.

This is a suprisingly fitting thread. I'm organising a trip with my missus at the end of july/beginning of august so I can now plan where we stay around these areas.

Cheers!

Add this to the list now.

Matilda Bay Garage Brewery and Bar now in Port Melbourne industrial back streets.
http://www.matildabay.com.au/
Similar shed setup to Mountain Goat, 2 Bros and Mornington Penisular Breweries.

Deja vu, at the old premises of biero, similar set-up, different owners.

Also going to mention Penny Blue once more just because I was there last night and really, really like the layout.

Deja vu, at the old premises of biero, similar set-up, different owners.

Also going to mention Penny Blue once more just because I was there last night and really, really like the layout.

Thanks Manticle , I'll google the addresses when I'm down there if in the city I'll walk or tram, or taxi for further out, looks like wed 9th may, will be night on the town

There will always be a couple of brewers who'll put their hands up for a beer or three so just shout out (or post here really quietly) if you're interested in catching up.

There will always be a couple of brewers who'll put their hands up for a beer or three so just shout out (or post here really quietly) if you're interested in catching up.

Sounds like a plan, will post closer to the day
Cheers mate

Any further updates to this list?

I will be down in March, staying at Mantra southbank I think?

Have checked out all the suggestions and they sound good.

Back