Place to buy a Counterflow Wort Chiller in Sydney?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian Brewer

Reaction score
Hey there guys, first time posting but I have been lurking for a little while. I nearly have all my gear together to do my first home brew with 2 exceptions, I would like to mount a ball valve spigot to my 40L aluminum brew pot and I would like to cool my wort through a counterflow wort chiller.

I took a trip down to the plumbing section of Bunnings yesterday and was awed by the complete lack of anything I needed for my weldess spigot and the tee fitting for the ends of the copper tubing (which wasn't long enough) for a 7.5M hose. After leaving rather deject, I turned to online resources to find what I was looking for and came up with places like NY Brew Supply (for their chiller http://www.nybrewsupply.com/deluxe-counterflow-wort-chiller.html) and Bargain Fittings (http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=common/home) for their weldless tap kits. Does anyone have experience purchasing from these sites and shipping to Australia?

The shipping does seem to cost a bit (almost doubles the price of the wort chiller but that still comes in somewhere around $160) but so does purchasing from the only 2 I could find from Northern Brewer! Does anyone know of any other Australian made counterflow chillers or has had experience with them?

Thanks for helping a newbie out!

Canadian Brewer

I should mention that there is absolutely nothing wrong with Northern Brewers, they have a ton of great stuff and from what I hear their customer service is excellent, however I was hoping to find something a little more "cost effective" option (if such a thing exists).

If you're looking as far afield as USA, why not look at Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth - if you're struggling with Sydney based retailers?

I purchased my Blichmann plate chiller through iBrew.com.au - reasonable price and quick shipping.

I'm sure that TWOC brewing in western Aust does a cfc that could suit your needs.

Latest posts

Back