Pizza

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, that looks great! I assume the 620ml of flour is supposed to be water?
Ha. Shows my thinking, I assumed beer!

Has anyone tried the Laucke Pizza & Focaccia flour? I’ve been getting 5kg bags at Costco and getting fantastic results with my very limited pizza skills.

Wood fired pizza oven, hot as hell, no tray just the bricks. Cooks in around a minute.

If you cooking it in an oven I would use a stone and have it all as hot as possible. My oven at home goes to around 250 I think, that should do it.
The cast iron pan method works pretty well too if you google it. Probably better than the oven.

Sauce recipe:
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 clove of garlic
1 or 2 basil leaves
1/2 tsp Balsamic
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/4 tsp salt

Blend 3/4 of the tomatoes with everything else and then add the remaining tomatoes.
This makes it mostly smooth with just a few 'lumps' of tomato
Heat slowly until it simmers, taste it and see what you think.
Add some water if you think it's too thick.

That's all there is to it.
Brilliant your absolute champ!. I have a stone so I will give it a go on the bottom of the oven as hot as I can get it. No pre-baking the base before adding ingredients I'm guessing?

Brilliant your absolute champ!. I have a stone so I will give it a go on the bottom of the oven as hot as I can get it. No pre-baking the base before adding ingredients I'm guessing?

No all at once, but heat the stone for at least 40 mins on the hottest setting you can

Ha. Shows my thinking, I assumed beer!

Has anyone tried the Laucke Pizza & Focaccia flour? I’ve been getting 5kg bags at Costco and getting fantastic results with my very limited pizza skills.

Higher protein is better ime, the stuff I use is around 9% the Laucke is 7.8%. so close enough.
The taste test is all that matters

. No pre-baking the base before adding ingredients I'm guessing?

I pre bake a i am in a normal oven cranked up to full. i have a stone in there to retain heat but preheat a terracotta pizza "plate" a well that i bake off the dough on for a bit, wip out chuck on the yummy stuff and back in to cook

Latest posts

Back