Pirate life iipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bronson said:
Just bought a tin of pirate life iipa and wowza. I'm in love. So much that I felt compelled to post about it. If you see it definitely give it a go. I'm no beer judge but it is one delicious drop. B
I had some on tap today. It's a great drop.

Their pale Ale is good too!

I'm a fixin' to drink more.

spog said:
Not IIPA but had a can of the IPA last night ....nice very fargin nice,up there with Goodiesons no doubt .
Goodiesons have some really nice beers, but they seem to market (packaging etc) for the more conservative section like the wine crowd. Their beers are much better than their labels make you think they might be.

Goodiesons brews are top shelf,was there over Xmas and the beer/hop garden is looking good too.
My sons and brothers inlaw got brewery tour tickets for Xmas it was a great day.
We did Goodiesoms,Vale,Ekhidna and Smiling Samoyed, the next one will be for the Barossa area breweries.

Fixin to BIAB this on the weekend. I've definitely deviated from the stated grains; decided to go with a bit of light crystal and carared. The plan is to shift a lot of hop additions to the last 5-10mins and whirlpool, using the big 4 stated on the can. I will go heavy on the dry hop with columbus and mosaic, ~360g hops all up

When I had a can all I could taste was passion fruit and thinking it was nice but still a little bit meh. Maybe there is something wrong with me?

Hi guys
I love this beer too, and am thinking of giving it a go as above, did anyone try it yet??

[SIZE=12pt]The IIPA tastes very salty to me, perhaps it a Pirate thing [/SIZE]

I called in to their brewery a month or 2 back, their beers were alright, but I was disappointed by the lack of pirate life. Not one eye patch, striped shirt, parrot on the shoulder or bandana on the head to be seen. I am more of a pirate than those blokes.

stakka82 said:
+ 1 for the IIPA

They also do a session IPA at something like 3.5% and 35 IBU. Interesting niche to fill, I'll be on the hunt for another couple of sixers in summer for driving type occasions.
Bridge Road also do a mid strength IPA - Little Bling. I've never experienced so much flavour from a mid strength beer. Not that I drink a lot of them!
Worth a crack!

Back on topic - The Pirate life IIPA is fantastic! 12 of them in my beer fridge waiting patiently.

Xander said:
Bridge Road also do a mid strength IPA - Little Bling. I've never experienced so much flavour from a mid strength beer. Not that I drink a lot of them!
Worth a crack!

Back on topic - The Pirate life IIPA is fantastic! 12 of them in my beer fridge waiting patiently.
Sheesh, one of those in a night is enough for me!

Latest posts

Back