Pink Powder !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewworld.com

Reaction score
Anyone know where i can buy the 'Pink Powder' cleaning and sanitzer powder.
It is sold in hb shops, but it gets very expensive if you use as much as i do !
I want say 25kg (and will split it with a buddy ).
Where can i find it bulk ??
Cheers

Have you asked your hbs if they will sell to you bulk?

Aren't you a HBS?
So you want us to tell you where to buy it cheap then sell it back to us at a higher price?

You can buy any chemical at a chemical company.

I have been racking my brains trying to recall the chemical name of pink stain. Trichloro something. Sorry can't be more helpful

Jovial Monk

die sudhausanlage said stuff about Pink Powder he has since clarified.

The long weekend certainly brings out the wally's from the wood work.

The above description of "Pink Powder" has me wondering so I ask this as a serious question do you have the chemical hazards analysis of this product that can be posted?

By your proclaimation of the chemical makeup of this product people may be at risk due to incorrrect identification of the ingredients in case of a medical emergency.

I don't know what the ingredients are, you may be corect, however this is a public forum and the product may inadvertently be consummed by the children of a brewer and be acted upon incorrectly.

Please post clarification, with links as soon as possible.

Steve

Pink Power/Pink Stain is actually Chlorinated Trisodium Phosphate (from what my prior research on this topic has gathered).
It is my cleanser and sterliser of choice. I love the stuff.
However be careful using it as it can be quite harmful. It comes triple baged.
I get mine in bulk (usually 3kg lots) from Gerard at Northern Districts brewing. He is going to hate me for this, because he hates getting it in for me :lol:
If you are in Sydney I'll go in on a bulk order of it.

Beers,
Doc

Chlorinated Trisodium Phosphate is the stuff. Thanks Doc.

In Adelaide Consolidated Chemicals sell it.

JM

Ok, Vlad thanks,thats a good idea...duh
Chiller.....chill out.
Doc, great lets get some bulk...im in Sydney, and yeah its my prefered cleaner. I will be more carefull with it now, as you say.

homebrewworld.com said:
Ok, Vlad thanks,thats a good idea...duh
Chiller.....chill out.
Doc, great lets get some bulk...im in Sydney, and yeah its my prefered cleaner. I will be more carefull with it now, as you say.
[post="50858"][/post]​

Yes you will find that on here everyone is an expert about something. Doc is always on the ball.
Sossman is very helpful and spares his own time without asking anything in return.

Some members however are really pedantic and offer very little except smart aleck responses which serve no purpose but to boost their own egos.

I guess you will have work out who genuinely knows their subject matter, eg Doc and Sossman for example. And sort those who just blurt back info usually from John Palmers book "how to brew"

But that doesnt mean that they have the right to authoritate over those members with a lesser post rating. In fact I believe strongly we never stop learning when it comes to Brewing better Beer.

So lets dispense with the forum heiriarchy and start to see who is offering the best info in regards to posted questions.

In short people keep smart comments to yourself. If you have nothing constructive to say then dont post.

If I have offended anyones particular EGO then, grab a tissue if you have an issue.

Lets stop this bitchy "Im better than you" mentality.

Cheers All,

DS

I agree this forum is getting a little to smart for its own good.

Lets just get back to the good old question and answers with a bit of fun thrown in

Jovial_Monk said:
In Adelaide Consolidated Chemicals sell it.
JM
[post="50827"][/post]​

JM

You sure about the name of the company as I can't find it in the white pages? It wasn't ACE Chemical Company on Mooringe Ave that you were thinking of was it?

Cheers
Pedro

DS and Big Fella

Yeah!!

What a good idea!!!

Lets all just tolerate less than imformative and accurate posts on brewing subjects,
abuse and critisism of suppliers, and trolling in general.

Then I guess that the people who DO know what they are talking about will go away and leave the AHB to the few that seem so intent on disruption, and of course the remainder will be able to post any information they want and impress their audience without contest or question of validity.

Well, that is not for me and I hope guys like Chiller keep questioning the validity of the posts paticularly when the info relates to the blending and use of unknown chemicals.

If you take the nonsense from this topic including the deleted comments alone then you will note that the original question was answered accurately with a positive result.

In short people keep smart comments to yourself. If you have nothing constructive to say then dont post.

Now, thats the best statement I have read today!!!

Cheers

Bigfella said:
I agree this forum is getting a little to smart for its own good.

Lets just get back to the good old question and answers with a bit of fun thrown in
[post="50875"][/post]​

I agree with you Bigfella this thread perhaps no so much, as some useful advise is mixed in there , but in general the site is loosing the plot.
Very sad :(
Have you noticed the lack of the more long term members not answering questions?
Maybe I am just too old :lol:

Batz :ph34r:

I Love this forum it is better than any book it turned me into an Ag in a couple months maybe not a good one but never the less still an All grainer I just want people helping with a little less of the smart ass. I think it should go back to the thread now

die sudhausanlage thank you for your comment, and i will take you advise.
I have been a member on a U.S forum for a long time and making beer probably a lot longer than the smart-ass members of some forums.
So i was talking to a fellow brewer and he led me to this forum. i joined today, and posted my first topic. and within hours i was thinking why did i bother ?
So again thanks to all the positive comments, and for the others ---- ---
We are only making beer guys!
Cheers

So when a HBS posts here to ask where they can buy bulk supplies under the pretext of its for me and me mate, does'nt that set the alarm bells ringing.
Sorry if you think I'm a smartarse, but people around here really are a bit thin skinned. :angry:

Hey lets concentrate on making beer.

Im sure most of us can loose the non related posts.

Like Chiller told me in a chat tonight it only takes 2 non related posts to spoil a thread.

So armed with that info I will endevour to write informed posts from now on.

So what do you say lets get on with it.

DS

G'day fellas, I come in peace.

The starter kit I bought from a home brew shop franchise included a steriliser that was a pink powder and it was called P.S.R. - never even bothered to read what it stood for. Assuming it's the same stuff (how many pink powder sterilisers are there?), surely it must be safe if they're sending it out to complete novices?. Seemed to work fine IMHO, but I'm just a newbie.
Still I wouldn't let kids eat it, I wouldn't even leave dextrose in a place where a kid could get at it.

Take it easy guys,
Nick

Vlad the Pale Aler said:
but people around here really are a bit thin skinned. :angry:
[post="50907"][/post]​

yeah!

Stickler said:
G'day fellas, I come in peace.

[post="50910"][/post]​

just quoting this bit because i see some van halen in your avatar!

Back