Pinacle Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juzz1981

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Looking at buying a Kegerator and was initially going to get one from craftbrewer as I have got all my gear from Ross so far but his kegerator is $600 and a Euro Grand which looks very much the same thing for $350.
Also Ross's freight last time I checked for a mate was about $150ish to where i live and Pinacle will deliver for about $85.

I was still going to get all my fittings, taps and maybe font from Ross but thought id check other members here to see what they think or opinions on Pinacle Wholesalers.

Thanks Guys

http://www.pinnaclewholesalers.com.au/prod..._BEER_KEGERATOR

When you say $350 you mean $550 right?
The Pinnacle one looks to include a 50L keg coupler. Is this what you want or are you doing 19L cornies? For cornies you need the ball valve quick disconnects.
Otherwise it's the same fridge that everyone sells.

Ross' is $499 for the bare unit. His units actually arrive with a font set which he removes and throws onto a pile of font sets as he is not happy to put them out into the market place as they are of poor quality, apparently.

My 2 units from him have been flawless.

I bought from pinnacle and wish I bought from Ross.
The font is absolute crap and I got flecks of black rust in my beer.
Subsequently a few of my mates have bought from Ross - the font is much higher quality, the fridge is 2c colder, and all in all (gas bottle, reg, lines) it worked out cheaper (we are in Brisbane).
The pinnacle regulator is crap too.

I got one of these, a dual font one. 100% happy no issues with it al all.

When you say $350 you mean $550 right?
The Pinnacle one looks to include a 50L keg coupler. Is this what you want or are you doing 19L cornies? For cornies you need the ball valve quick disconnects.
Otherwise it's the same fridge that everyone sells.

Hi,

Sorry I should have mentioned, $350 was the price offered for the bare fridge (without font, taps, reg ect)
I wanted to use perlicks taps and font which I was going to order from Ross, along with JG fittings like I have with my existing keg setup.

Ross' is $499 for the bare unit. His units actually arrive with a font set which he removes and throws onto a pile of font sets as he is not happy to put them out into the market place as they are of poor quality, apparently.

My 2 units from him have been flawless.

Yes, I do remember speaking to Ross some time ago when organising a fridge for a friend and he said he threw the fonts that come with the fridge aside as they weren't that great.
Thats why I thought Id get the fridge from Pinacle and the rest of the gear from Ross, Might give Ross a call tomorrow and see what can do, always been great to deal with in the past.

Pinnacle is cheap Chinese shit and they are blatantly lying in their add saying the font is stainless steel. It is chrome plated steel and in my case arrived with pieces of the chrome flaking off with rust exposed underneath. I ended up buying a stainless replacement font from craftbrewer... before the kegerator's thermostat stopped working 12 months later.

Now I have a converted chest freezer and couldn't be happier. I highly recommend you look into making something up yourself. It's a lot easier and cheaper than you might think and there are plenty of people on here to help you.

:icon_cheers:

Pinnacle is cheap Chinese shit and they are blatantly lying in their add saying the font is stainless steel. It is chrome plated steel and in my case arrived with pieces of the chrome flaking off with rust exposed underneath. I ended up buying a stainless replacement font from craftbrewer... before the kegerator's thermostat stopped working 12 months later.

Now I have a converted chest freezer and couldn't be happier. I highly recommend you look into making something up yourself. It's a lot easier and cheaper than you might think and there are plenty of people on here to help you.

:icon_cheers:

Agree to a point. Ross does quality, and the price reflects this. I purchased mine knowing I'd be up for a font and reg at some point. The fridge is a fridge. With regards to making your own, would your wife let you have a modified chest freezer/kegerator in your lounge/tv room? My guess is a big fat no. Would she gladly approve of a pre made kegerator there? Mine did so yeah, pre purchased is the sweet spot for price, wife happy and beer on tap right next to "my chair" in the lounge/tv room.

I win as far as I'm concerned :)

Don't forget about this eBay seller.

Single tap kegerator

$399 for the single tap, and he also does the double tap version for $464, none in stock ATM. I'll be purchasing one from him next week.

I realise the components are cheap but at the end of the day it really is a lot cheaper. $510 delivered for the dual tap including regulator, font, taps etc.

If you were to purchase the equivalent from Ross you'd be up for $499 for the fridge, then what, $130 for the double font? Plus taps? Plus shipping. Yes you get the store warranty but for me the additional cost isn't worth it.

I can slowly upgrade parts as necessary when they conk out. I've heard good and bad things but there are methods to fix most problems (like moving the temp probe and adding a fan for the font etc).

Best of luck!

Don't forget about this eBay seller.

Single tap kegerator

$399 for the single tap, and he also does the double tap version for $464, none in stock ATM. I'll be purchasing one from him next week.

I realise the components are cheap but at the end of the day it really is a lot cheaper. $510 delivered for the dual tap including regulator, font, taps etc.

If you were to purchase the equivalent from Ross you'd be up for $499 for the fridge, then what, $130 for the double font? Plus taps? Plus shipping. Yes you get the store warranty but for me the additional cost isn't worth it.

I can slowly upgrade parts as necessary when they conk out. I've heard good and bad things but there are methods to fix most problems (like moving the temp probe and adding a fan for the font etc).

Best of luck!

They are not the same. Have a look at the door the kegs don't actually fit in the fridge.

Yes I was just pointing out this particular seller has the single tap version (the one your talking about which yes, is a different fridge), however as I mentioned in my post, he also stocks the SAME ones, he just doesn't have any listed on eBay at the moment.
I should have mentioned the dual tap version is the same as the others everyone is lookin at.

Latest posts

Back