Pilsner Extract

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloud Surfer

Reaction score
All the Belgium’s I’m making are Pilsner based. So far the extract tins I’ve used have all come pre-hopped. I want to get away from hopped extract so I can better control the hops myself. Specifically, can anyone recommend a good Pilsner extract that is not hopped. My LHBS doesn’t carry any such Pilsner, so as long as I can mail order it that will work.

Your LHBS has several 1.5kg Briess Pilsner Light LME sitting on the shelf. I saw them yesterday.
Mark

Be careful with the Briess Pilsner Light LME . If it is not fresh, then it can add caramel type flavours to the brew. The last lot I purchased for an LME pilsner were over 18 months old and I ended up with a very clear and drinkable beer but it was amber colored and did not taste much like a lager at all. My recipe was just the LME and hops. Check the date before you buy them. Anything < 6 months would be better. I use DME now but end up with hazier lagers.

Back