Pid - Which One To Choose?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just be wary that some of the real cheap pids only support k type sensors.
I can't see in the specs of that unit where it accepts a pt100

Cheers

the REX C100 does take RTD PT100 probe, which is the unit linked, just google the model number for a manual in english, having said that if parting with hard earned, I'd be doing a search on the model number of any PID

the REX C100 does take RTD PT100 probe, which is the unit linked, just google the model number for a manual in english, having said that if parting with hard earned, I'd be doing a search on the model number of any PID

I was only looking in the specs listed on ebay for the unit.
Yes i agree, pid purchase is a "minefield". Some specs do give many input options others state "k type only" and others don't tell you anything. :rolleyes:

It says SSR in the title, but i'm not convinced it's a SSR compatible relay though...is that what they could mean by stating the OUTPUT as Voltage?

Has anyone had any experience with the REX units?

Also, with the accuracy - is ~0.5%FS good? What does the FS stand for?

Stating the output voltage makes sense: the SSR needs a DC signal. Whatever SSR you buy will have an input signal voltage range on the label. It's usually very broad, like 3 V to 35 V. The Auber and Sestos PID's SSR outputs are 12 V.

The cheap PID's ebay listing says "Voltage out put: DC 0-5 V" which doesn't make make a lot of sense - why would you want 0 V output? I've had a quick look at the manual, which doesn't shed a whole lot of light on this.

Some discussion of these cheap PIDs:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/rex-c100-...id-ebay-254480/

FS means full-scale. A brief explanation: http://www.com-ten.com/define-accuracy.html
Not sure how it applies to PIDs as the scale changes depending on what type of probe is used.

I'd say avoid this PID. Get the Auber or Sestos. You'll find it much easier to get help if you need it, here and elsewhere. Auber were very helpful with my pre-sales enquiries, and their site has dedicated forums too.

righto, happy days indeed.

Today i purchased:

Metal enclosure IP66 rated 300 x 250 x 155
240V switches + waterproof, clear switch covers
IEC 240v panel mounts.

Have ordered:

3 x 240v Female panel mount sockets

and......drum roll....

From Auberins:
SSR OUT PID w/Ramp/Soak SYL-2352P
8 inch 1/2NPT probe with deluxe cable option. Probe is gonna be put in a t-piece with my sightglass, and the 8inch probe should extend nearly to the centre of my pot.

From Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Single-Phase-DC...=item5aeb97519e

Now just got to play the waiting game...

nice list of goods in the mail, it'll be me one day ..... I hope sooner rather than later

Big Nath said:
From Auberins:
SSR OUT PID w/Ramp/Soak SYL-2352P
8 inch 1/2NPT probe with deluxe cable option. Probe is gonna be put in a t-piece with my sightglass, and the 8inch probe should extend nearly to the centre of my pot.

How's the PID going Nath?

Latest posts

Back