Pid Controller (rex-c100) Vs Stc-1000

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QldKev said:
I think the details about the accuracy has been answered. The topic about being able to do multiple steps has not. The Sestos in the link wont allow that. You need to look at one of the programmable options; Auber programable pid, matho's controller, of one of the awesome web based solutions we can get.
bugger.. my programming skills probably rate in the negative realms..

you cant make it step with times OOTB?

:unsure: :( back to midnight brewing then, if it wont do it OOTB I don't think it's worth the effort

The only I know that will do it out of the box is the Auber SYL-2352P programmable one. Which takes a bit of getting used too to setup and run it, but you don't need to be a programmer etc.

Although I would point out The kit Lael is currently putting together will require no soldering (i think preloaded with the software) and will come with everything needed to complete, including laser cut box. As much wiring required doing the Auber, but you would have to source box wire and bits yourself for the Auber.

my 35 cents

MB

My DIY Sous Vide is my mash tun. The FB keeps things off the bottom of the pot so no cold spots, pump keeps the water moving and the PID controled HEX keeps things warm.
Today I installed a Auber weldless temp probe in my HLT so I can run it as a Sous Vide too. It has an internal element so keeping the bag off the element will be a challenge. http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_15&products_id=84
Its got a detachable cable so makes transporting easy. I had a cheap sensor form Ebay and it was shit, ended up getting this from Auber. The kit comes soldered to the RTD connector if ordered for the $12 makes it plug and play.

Latest posts

Back