Pictures Of The New Bar Room

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delboy

Reaction score
hi all
well i thought that some of the boys from BBC would like to see the progress of the new bar room.
we have been busy flushing all that gyprock and doing the electrics so here are the specs thus far.

SIZE : 5meters x 3meters x 2.3meters high
INSUL : fully insulated walls and ceiling
PWR : prewired and powered including speaker system.

To come is the paint and second fix in home grown machined skirts and cornice rail including chair rail .(pine radiata stained with golden oak stain)

then the bar will be made (not sure on this part yet we are in the process of design and decore ) will match the feel of the room though.

here you go we are on our way to bardom :beer:

DSCF0207.JPG

DSCF0208.JPG

looks like you are going to have a good set up there,tanked. with all the pic,s of bars rolling in i cant wait to start my shed extension. but i first have to extend the house as promised to SHMBO. so maybe i might get a crack at it mid next year. :(

well here is an idea for you spog when doing the house extention include the extra bits for the bar room and don't tell SWMBO and then withh the planned leftovers you can do your bar for next to nothing and SWMBO will think that you are one thrify little man using up all the left overs .even though iy was planned LoL

tanked.you and gmk certainly are setting very high standards in home bar set ups.
looking forward to more photos.

cheers
big d

LoL :)

only a standard that is limited by two factors for me and they are this and you to can acheive a great result

1. use as much recycled junk as possable
2. keep it simple and as practical as you can

the only new componantS thus far used was wiring .(saftey) in mind was paramount here no compramise.
and 11 sheets of gyprock at 16 dollars a sheet .
gyprock fixing tape and bog + screws and bits (new) $200.
now the insulation bats were second hand (recycled) $0.00
wiring,gpo's and light fittings (new) $90.00
door dumpped. cedar (recycled) $0.00
door locks and handles (cheap as chips) (new) $13.00
test pot haymes for door (new) $6.00
stain and varnish (excess shed leftover) (new) $0.00
timber skirts and cornice(seconds) (new) $18.00
bar construction materials sourced from
salvage yards (recycled) (recycled) $200.0
this included new hardware for assebly
time is what costs the most and as it is my favourite hobby who cares
about time.

so as you can see lads you to can have a cheap bar room if firstly you have some space. be it a shed or a room in the house (if your wife lets you in the house ) mine didn't.
so the shed was divided (now her car isn't allowed in ) PAY BACK LoL:)
i went on the scab at the dump, salvage yards, inlaws house and sheds,friends and work mates even some hotels.
the key is here don't tell them its for you say you want to build some projects for the kids (well all brewers are kids at heart) DON'T YOU AGREE. so no lies are really told.
and you will be amazed at the donations ,some of it you will clean up, cut down, sand and paint its worth it in the end .
and the other trick is (now i do not steal or illegally obtain building material and i do not condone it either) but if you go around to manned and i stress MANNED building sites and ask the forman or head trades man if you can go through the pickings (thats the skip) they will usually let you .if you don't get in the way and you can take most things discarded.
now guys the first thing to do is SET A BUDGET mine is 800.00
find your space dont go over the top 5 x 3 meters is great
pick a theme if you like mine is english pub
start sourcing recycled timber and store it well
start probing the relitives for bits for the decore
salvage yards for seconds and recycled building materials
(TIP) GO TO A LOCAL CABINET MAKER AND BUY THERE COVER SHEETS AROUND $10 ea
plan your layout, pinch ideas off of other members they wont mind after all this is what this forum is all about.
clean it. paint it .sand it .dont worry about knots blemishes defects .the name of the game here is ATMOUSPHERE ATMOUSPHERE ATMOUSPHERE we are not building a hospital , so a sterile bar room will be more like an operating theater (cold ,no character , no extention of your self expression and worst of all you will hate it in the end ).
just think of the worst party, wedding or function you have ever been too and left early and said to your mates or wife (what a load of $hite)

so now i hope you can get the picture .you dont need a lot of dosh to do it just some imagination and some hunter gatherer skills .
C,MOM FELLAS you can do this

and stick to your formula and KISS(KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID)

TANKED :chug:

tanked, good idea but.after 26 years of being hitched to a builder the better half knows all the tricks, i would'nt have a snow balls chance in hellof getting it past her. <_< (joking of course,gulp)

get her into wine making and stilling then you both will need it straight away LoL :)

some more progress pictures. nearly there now should be ready for beer in about 6 weeks .just got to save and get some bits :beer:

bar1.JPG

bar2.JPG

bar3.JPG

Looking good! :)

Can't wait to see it with the bar top on :D

Man, lookin' REALLY GOOD!

Hope you've got room in there for a pool (or foosball) table :party:

PZ.

Very Nice - Mate

well lads the weather up here is wet so we cant reep the barley yet so no work on for me today so what do you do ?
oh well install the bar top ,dry fit the pump , and hang the wall lights and the cork the bartop .
just finished up so here is some more eye candy :D

DSCF0212.JPG

DSCF0213.JPG

DSCF0214.JPG

Mate that is looken great.

Being an ex chippy, I have the skills to do my own.. I just gotta convince my 6 year old and 4year old that they would be much more comfy in the dog kennel.. then I can build mine :p

Congrats on a job well done.. can't wait to see the final touches. :beer:

Looks great...

Got my mind ticking over on how I can make mine now!

Nice Delboy! All you need now is a dart board and a flowery/floral/stained garish carpet and you've got yourself a pub!

yep your right
the dartboard is comming and the carpet will go down after summer just got to find some that will look the part .i will garnish it myself lol :D

delboy

delboy - dont forget, your feet have to stick to the carpet when you walk to make it a real authentic english pub carpet :p

Tanked,
Having suffered through many Pirie summers myself (Although the dry heat is a bonus) what cooling options are you looking at putting in for a shed?

If you dont cool it constantly, what effect will the room getting to 40 degrees plus have on your stock?

M

Back