Picture Of Pumpy's Brewery Updated

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
Some people considering building their All Grain brewery may finnd this useful or get some ideas .

I put in the second burner for the lower HLT and nearly melted my Rubbermaid Tun will have to place a firewall so when it is breezy it does not blow the flames

I used the small 15 liter ally pot to get the mash up to temperature before placing in the Rubbermaid Tun .

The water filter is on a timer so I can set it to fill irt with out watcching it only takes about five minutes .

I have a sack barrow my dauter bought me $18 from Bunnings I move all the heavy gear around on including the brewery .

Pumpy

So where is the pic Pumpy?

sorry its difficut to upload pics for some reason have to do it in a GIF.file is that better

Oi Pumpy.

100 dpi .JPEG is best. Works without problems.

Hurry up dem pics. :p

Warren -

I have edited the pic Warren

Pumpy

72 dpi jpeg is what you want for web photos. Nice pic, pumpy.

That is awe inspiring Pumpy, how long has it taken you to put that little beauty together? :super:

Thats a nice setup you have there pumpy. Is that a filter you have fitted to the outlet pipe of the kettle?

vlbaby.

Oddball its been going for a year last February ,just gradually it as if I was on some sort of mission I am not very good with metal but I was suprised with what one can achieve if you set your mind to it .

Vlbaby The filter connects to a copper pipe I just hang over the top of the kettle perhaps the timer is abit overkill

Pumpy

Lovely job pumpy, how much was the filter and was it much of a hassle adding it?

Oh and what brand, just had a look on eBay and might be able to get one there for $125, doesn't say what brand though. Are the replacement filters all a standard size?

pbrosnan ,

Mine is a double Undersink purifier , It has a 5 micron sediment filter and a 1 micron Extruded Carbon block filter .
If your water is clear I think you may get away with a single housing .
I have had it sometime it was a Birthday present ,It is called a Gemini ,again you could get them from Bunning best to shop around a bit .
It just hangs on two screws most of the fittings came with it I just had to but a bit of pipe to connect to the tap ,saves me carrying all those buckets of water ,that was a chore I did not like . Pumpy

I think you are right you only need the carbon block filter I got one with a single housing from Waterco. it was on special for under $85 but it was a about four years ago

Yorick

Back