Pics Of My Brewing Structure

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dicko

Boston Bay Brewery
Reaction score
G'day all,
Here it is 5.30 on Sat arvo and I have just finished my structure.
Just in time cause I leave for Adelaide tomorrow morning for the second leg of the SA section of The Batz World Tour.
I will be biting at the bit to get home to try it out, but I think I will give it a run first with hot water to make sure all is OK.
Well here it is for any that may be interested!!

P1010043.JPG

Very nice Jeff. i'd love to brew on that myself.
Did you say the other day your running your ring burners with a high pressure burner? as you know i wasn't really with it the other day after only 4 hours sleep.
Oh and how much did you pay for the pump again and where from?

Can't wait to catch up again.
Jayse

Mate, you're gonna have to extend the garage. Or is that a hangar?

Jayse,
Yes I mentioned that I got a high pressure regulator from a gas shop in Port Lincoln for about $18.00.
It came with a gas hose and it works excellent with those two burners going at once on less than half its full setting.
The pump is a MARCH PUMP part no; (mar 809 hs 240v) and I got it from PROCESS PUMPS in Melbourne ( PHONE 0397 629222)
It cost $225.00 plus the "governments grab" of 10%.
It is the same as the Yanks use but in 240 volt to suit us.
The bloke I spoke to there seemed to know exactly what I wanted as he had sold quite a few of them and he was extremely helpful.
I'll catch you on Monday at GMK's.

Sosman,
A mans shed is NEVER big enough.LOL :unsure:
I would like to extend it but it is as long as the block is wide now.
From where I took that pic there is another 16 feet behind me and I have built it right on the boundary.
Cheers,

B B B,

Nice setup, mate. It's always good to see gravity doing the hard work.
I like the calendar but the shot of it's a bit blurry.

Nice shed, too.

great set up bbb
love the average size gas bottle :D

Great set-up BBB, :D What's going to be your 1st brew on the new setup?

just a question. I'm buying a pump soon. Why have you gone for gravity fed when you have thei $250 pump?

Lovely set up big man - can you imagine how big a ladder it would take to get me or Kenny to the top of that structure? ;)
Maybe all grain's not for me after all, I'm scared of heights.

Hi to all,

And thanks for the comments.
Apologies for not answering earlier but I have been on the Adelaide leg of the Batz world tour.

Wedge
I use the pump to circulate the mash back through the herms coil in the hlt, and also to pump the hot wort from the boil kettle through the wort chiller, although now I have seen how well the Goliath CFC works after the big brew day on Saturday it would have probably been a better option.
In time I will probably cut the structure down to two levels only.

Bid D,
Cant run out of gas and it is a bit cheaper that way.

Barney G
Plans are for a pale ale (basic to get stocks up again) and then an oatmeal stout and next a porter or an IPA - still deciding.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back