PicoBrew Zymatic: the Automatic Beer Brewing Appliance

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gibboaus said:
Just to let you all know - the first devices have started shipping in April and I'm still expecting mine in July so not too ling. Hopefully the import tax isn't too steep.
Also interesting the device is also very capable of Sous-vide cooking. Now I have to get my grain mill organised. I can't wait to start reading the recipe interface online.
No duty or GST is applied to goods purchased over the Internet if the value is less than $1000

I backed this on kickstarter and am also waiting for my unit.
Mine was due to ship in May but given they have only just shipped the first 2 units that were due to ship in January i'm figuring it might be August by the time mine ships. If it is sooner I'll be very happy !!

Given the size / weight of the boxes it's the shipping cost rather than the import duty that I think might be steep !!

Really looking forward to receiving it and giving it a run though

cheers

NewtownClown said:
No duty or GST is applied to goods purchased over the Internet if the value is less than $1000
Unfortunately it was over $1000 :)

First unboxing video (there is also a nice "login" button on their home page now) which I assume is for the recipe engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

For those of you that have purchased over here. It is disappointing that these units don't use or have the ability to use metric units, which for the small volumes will be a pain. You may want to raise this with the company.

I'm waiting on my kickstarter unit but I don't see the issue regarding metric v us measures as a major issue ? Conversion isn't difficult ?

True, conversion isn't difficult but it will be a pain looking at the screen and seeing the mash temps in Fahrenheit.
Even cheap scales have the ability to do both. I would have thought a product being designed from the ground up that it would have been a given if it was being sold to an international market

Considering that 37% of Americans are unable to point out where the USA is on a map of the World, I'd say that it never even crossed their minds.

Shirley Matheson, a part-time Arby's employee residing in Dayton, Ohio, agreed with Weiss's assessment.
"I live in the U.S.A., so why would I need to know where America is? Or the United States for that matter?"

"That thing definitely looked familiar," said autoworker and father of three Ed McConnell.
"And my gut told me there were probably a whole bunch of Americans there. So I had to go with 'Iraq.'"

CILA Brews said:
Hi Guys,

For those of you that have purchased over here. It is disappointing that these units don't use or have the ability to use metric units, which for the small volumes will be a pain. You may want to raise this with the company.
I'll email the pre-orders inbox

Still waiting :(
Getting impatient - I want to grab some Season 2014 fresh Galaxy Hops and give it a run!

Righto - I've received it (finally). I've brewed the "Pico Pale Ale". It took longer to unpack than to setup for the brew.

It's simple - the recipe crafter is in lbs and oz but I have a spreadsheet to convert to Kgs and grams. I've crafted a few Aussie recipe's based off local stuff.
Pacific Ale
4 Pines Kolsch (which is really a German Golden Ale/Blonde )
Young Henry's Natural Lager

Any feedback from those who bought them?

Also, how much did it cost you over and above the price of the product? (ie shipping, taxes/duty etc)

I'm not so much interested in buying the system itself, but I'd love to buy some of their 5L brewing kegs (listed at $125 for 2 on their website here as "Pico Keg 2-pack"). I'm guessing shipping these to Sydney would make the cost a whole lot less tempting?

Latest posts

Back