Pickled Pig Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krisisdog

Reaction score
Stopped in at this micro brewery in Tweed this morning for a looksee and some tasting, any one here been there before? Thoughts?

Stopped in at this micro brewery in Tweed this morning for a looksee and some tasting, any one here been there before? Thoughts?

How about you giving us your thoughts??

Yes, I have visited previously. Basically, most of the beers are clones of existing, but premises is licensed to sell direct to the public (unlike some brew on premise setups).

I bought a carton of 4 different varieties, but would recommend you take a marker or sticker, as the bottles are not labeled. I think the Scotch Ale was my favourite, with an ABV of something like 7%. The Little Creatures Pale Ale clone was also nice.

When I went there they were taking advance orders for a special original beer (with Berry or something equally unusual) that was not simply a clone of something else.

It is just another extract brew on premises brewers, nothing special at all in my opinion.

I would gap, but it was only a quick stop in on my way up to the gold coast so I didn't get to soak up a whole lot.
I think they do clones to keep afloat, it'd be hard to make a profit off unique beers up this way.

Back