Pick up tube filtration Ebay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navin

Reaction score
I noticed this whilst perusing Ebay and wondered if it would be a decent option for filtering out some trub in my boil kettle by attaching it to my pick up tube. Its designed for fish tanks.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121357648406

Any thoughts on this? My main consideration would be getting a good connection to the tube and whether the mesh would instantly clog up. The listing says it is stainless and for under $4 it might be worth a try.

At under $4 and free postage you couldn't lose trying it out. If unsuccessful I'm sure there would be some other use.
Cheers

I'd say the hole size in the mesh is too big Navin. I use a tri-clover mounted stainless strainer and it's holes are 0.5mm. And even then it needs the hop matter to help strain out the trub.

Thats why i come here for info, thanks razz. That tri-clover mounted stainless strainer looks like a very nice piece of kit. I think it would out-class the rest of my set up. I'll put it on my wish/dream list.

Back