Pic Of The Grain Mill I Am Building

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
For those interested in building a grain mill this is how far I have go t so far ,
I am lucky in that my Uncle helped me with turning the SS rollers and making the bearing holders ,I am going to make the frame and will updatethe pics later .

I managed to get a free machining grade of SS but watch out I got two offcuts and when it came to the Knurling got two different results ,they were different hardnesses ,you need top get a piece a bit longer than you need to practice and set up on .

It is 200mm wide and will end up heaps cheaper than the little ones you buy the SS cost about $100 the lathework well I will have to keep my uncle in beer for a while .
I have to travel a way to my supplier so would like to buy whole malt to save the travel.

Pumpy

Looking very cool indeed. Where would we be without uncles?

Yep Sosman he builds mining machines for the guys at Lightning ridge he is a true legend .

Pumpy

fantastic stuff Pumpy. The trick is to know someone with the right equipment and skills.

I got a quote from a local machine shop to knock up some ss rollers and they quoted $400.

Thanks Roach ,
there is ia fair bit of messing around my Uncle said the machining is not what takes the time its the setting up that takes the time but It will be a big plus for me, perhaps not everyone who may be closer to thier brew shop ,
Pumpy

Latest posts

Back