Pic Of Pumpy's Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
Hi,This is my brewery for those who are interested I have only been brewing about a year and still have heaps to go ,I tried to post on the gallery but would not download .
everyone on the forums have helped me a lot with information so I decided to put all my suff in a pile and take a photo of it .
Its never looked so organised .

Pumpy

top work Pumpy. I have been AG'ing for about 18 months and have yet to complete such a setup.

Looks the goods. Nice chiller - fair bit of copper there

cheers
roach

Roach the Chiller cools the wort down in about ten minutes ,I think there is about 18 metres of soft copper I got the copper from Bunnings ,I suppose it is a necessity.

Pumpy

my new wallpaper.... study an learn :)

Thanks Guys ,

Everyone is so helpful on the forum and many email with tips and help outside the forums , some things I though I would never be able to make, but that should never stop anyone ,it not always what the finished product looks or tastes like ,Its the learning and information gathering process on the way there.
I could not believe when I started and nearly gave up that I could make such high quality tasting beer.

Pumpy

This is my gas burner it really does the job .

Pumpy

I was sick of the Mrs dumping my yeast cultures which I kept in her Pyrex Glass Jug so I found a couple of these wide mouth conical flasks which she cant use for her cooking.
If you pay $14 for a Whitelabs liquid yeast ,I feel it is important to store them under some good conditions to reuse and reduce the unit cost, beer bottles I previously stored them in would tip over, I could not see what was happening and these wide mouth conical flasks have a nice large base that the yeaste likes.

good one pumpy, i too am setting an ag thirst qwenching apperatus it should be ready to go (hopefully early march) just in time to start knocking up some lagers. cheers spog.

Thanks Spog , I am just building the temp controller for a fermenting fridge so I can do lagers as per Justins instructions recently posted .

Pumpy

Pumpy said:
This is my gas burner it really does the job .
Hi Pumpy, great setup!

What was your burner from originally a hot water system? and do you run LPG or natural gas?

Cheers Ausdb

Ausdb,

I was told they cost $246 new for the burner alone you can get them in LPG or Natural gas they are 100btu it was not a domestic water boiler.
I will find out for you .

Nice setup Pumpy - you've got some good gear there mate...
I'm putting my AG system together on a tiered setup and was wondering how you move your containers around. I'm assuming that's your HLT on the upper right stand that drops hot water into the rubbermaid mashtun in the centre?
Do you then put the kettle under the mashtun when you sparge and then lift the full kettle back on top of the burner on the left hand end?
I found a 3 tier system on a yank website and I like the idea of dropping fluids down a number of steps before chilling the wort through my counterflow chiller and then on to the fermenter.
Or do you have a March pump or something equivalent to shift the wort around with?
Cheers,
TL

TL ,
As the wort from the Tun (Blue Picnic Cooler)fills the 23 glass carboy bottle( I use these for rackingthe beer for secondary fermentation) actually I tend to use the Plastic fermenter to catch the wort, I then place it on table then syphon out what I can lift in a bucket to the lower HLT ,(I am trying to get a pump to do the transfer) but sometimes I like all the hands on stuff, bugger the automation ,I am not a tekky brewer I like to get a feel for things. Pumpy

Pic of my copper manifold ,I started with a phils phalse bottom but always stuck why is that ?anyway it looks a bit rough but this copper manifold was made in a rush and never lets me down so long as I dough in properly thats a key .

pumpy

These dial thermometers are expensive you need a 150 mm thermowell to stop the wort rotting the thermometer not sure if worth it.

I got fed up of sticking my arm in the kettle to check the temp ,should have tied the thermometer to my stirrer in hindsight .

I had already had the the threaded sockets welded in in anticipation of a thermometer and later a sight gauge .

I have not tested it yet ,I hope I have not located it too low !!!!

Pumpy

hi pumpy
just a few observations to clear the air.
if your temp gauge is stainless steel then you dont have to worry about the wort rotting it.after all by the pic the mash tun? is a stainless steel :ph34r:
dont worry about the set point of the temp gauge but be aware of stratification of the wort as heat rises and a good stir keeps the temp even.i got hit by this once when the gauge just didnt want to rise so i gave the wort a stir and it came up quite a few degrees.

cheers
big d

Thanks Big D now you tell me about the thermowell may be unecessary cus the Dial thermometer is SS ,I am not really a Tekky brewer so I was quite proud of the Dial thermometer.
Will remember to give it a stir before I check temp

Pumpy

Latest posts

Back