pi based braumesiter wifi module

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been pretty busy with work lately so I haven't had much time to work on this. I work in IT but not in development so it's slow going making this thing. I'll try to get something uploaded to github soon

really curious to know where you are with this project .. any docs, cable howtos etc ? I write software for a living, so would be interested in helping write a ui for this ... ;)
I'm currently writing the UI in flask. Would you recommend that or something else.

I have not been able to do much on this still. I have a repo on github which is a work in progress. The aim is to get a web interface on the rpi so it easy to upgrade the firmware, but that's a while away (really busy with work). There is info on how to make a cable so at least you can make one up and upgrade your firmware.

https://github.com/roguenorman/bmpi

There is a parts list for the cable. Just get the USB to serial adaptor and the 712 connector and the picture should help to get the pinout correct. let me know if it does not make sense..

That’s awesome work. Hopefully you may get some developers interested to help with some pull requests.

This is very interesting. I have created a pair of series-cables (one for RPi GPIO pins, and another with USB plug) using the instructions posted above by RogueRanga. Both cables are working fine for communicating with the Speidel with either a RPi or a Debian PC using the software at GitHub - roguenorman/bmpi. I had a few issues with the code as-is, so I forked it and created a branch at GitHub - vv3/bmpi at getting_it_working with some improvements. I still find the performance related to serial port handling in Python to be somewhat sluggish, but it is working. My first goal is to stated in this issue: Compatibility with wireless module (bm.tx, rz.txt etc). IMHO there is no need to create a totally new GUI, the existing GUI code from Speidel works mostly fine (just needs a few bugfixes), and it can also be served locally, even without a webserver. This is just HTML and Javascript, and can be loaded from your local filesystem. Now that the basics are in place, this should be fairly easy to replicate the simple HTTP functionality provided by the Wifi module.

I already have a Wifi module, but I find it interesting to be able to communicate with the speidel also without Wifi.

BTW, I have also created a solution for managing recipes on the Speidel.

Latest posts

Back