Photographic Proof That No Chill Cubed Wort Can Be Fatal

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Faulty tap on cube (I use taps nowadays so that I can "single drop" for oxygenation into the FV) - was leaking over a few days and the wort turned to malt extract on the garage floor. Wee mouse came for a feed and got caught up and perished but as you can see, cause of death was irrefutably botulism. Written all over the poor little bugger. I'll bury him in the herb garden and give him back to Eywa.

Oh, the mousianity :eek:

dead_mouse__Large_.jpg

What a sticky situation...

RIP Mr S Little.

Poor little bugger...

There's worse ways to go though I suppose :chug:

lol passed out and got stuck. least he would of had a good last meal

Take that Speedie... :lol:

I had a similar tap issue recently... made sure to flame the shit out of the 'spot' on the concrete to kill anything trying to move in...

Recently been using a small length of hose from the Cube to the FV to minimise the 'foaming' but still let it drop.. had been wondering if some recent head retention issues might be related to the foaming on drop from the cube to the FV..

Yob

and what was your conclusion yob??? did it help or are you still in testing :p

just the last 2 bottled with the hose so will have to wait to find out.. havnt been getting my usual lacing.. hopefully this sorts it out.

:icon_cheers:

Still trying to get that mousey taste in your Fourex clone Bribie?

No, a bit later than that. I'm tossing up between mouse tea and cramming it in the mesh teaball for direct keg mousing.

Could just bottle it and sell it off as rodent eradicator

I think we just found your problem with barret burston malts. :)

Latest posts

Back