PHBS (Perth home brew share)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nvs-brews said:
Thats wicked!
How long have these guys been around?
About a year or so I think. Their normal pilot brews I believe are 300L minimum so can be pretty costly to get a brew down pat so at $30 of ingredients for a braumeister brew it helps them out.

Spoonta said:
I am there who whants to go to rollystone and get windfall apples
I can bring the ute and we can fill it up. What time of year is good over there?

was a nice feeling listening to my cider bubble away last night..

I got the beer cold crashing and only room for 1 in the fermenting fridge so im leaving it up to mother nature... but she was going for it! only pitched the yeast cake from my last cider and its loving it :)

the beer is smelling and tasting much better since the dry hop.. 2 more days till it hit the keg.. still didnt drop below 1018, been stuck there since sunday... im kinda happy in 1 way, i have a 5% beer instead of a 7% beer.. much better for xmas

danestead said:
Ive got my first special bitter that ive designed sitting at fg in the fermenter atm. It is tasting seriously nice and one to quaff.

92.5% MO
7.5% carabohemian
1g/l ekg @ 15mins
1.045 OG
1.012 FG
4.3%
29IBUs
1318 london ale 3 wyeast

Going to put it on nitrogen on my new stout tap which im getting for xmas. Ill also bottle up and co2 carb some bottles to drink on xmas day and I look forward to comparing the co2 vs nitrogen versions.
I just kegged this yeasterday. I put 12L in a keg for nitrogen and 7L in another keg for co2 so that I can bottle it up for xmas festivities etc. I had my first try of the co2 one this morning and jesus I am very very happy with this so far. I get aroma which is mainly malt but slight hops and I think very slight yeast character (london ale 3). Taste is balanced between malt and bitterness with subtle hops (EKG) and the mouthfeel is silky smooth. This one ended up at 4.6% rather than the aim of about 4.2% but is one that will go down a treat on a hot day. It reminds me of the non-offensive nature of DSGA but with english hops.

Can't wait to try it on nitrogen on xmas day when I'm allowed to hook up the stout faucet. It's sitting on nitro/co2 gas carbing up at 30psi now so should be set to go xmas day.

PS. The pilot brew for bitteryouthbrewing.com.au has been postponed. Mitch's wife decided to go into labor today.

I will find out dents will ring the orchards to day find out price and avalibilaty

so 1st day back @ work!!

How was your xmas/new years?
Get anything brewed?

I brewed a pale ale and then had a few to many and pitched the wrong yeast -_- wheat instead of ale yeast.. dry hopped it a bit so doesnt taste to bad... im calling it a "summer ale" hahaha

and just got a amber thats a few days into ferment.. dry hop soon.

and a experimental ale i put on last night that now chilling and should pitch tonight..

PHBS is doing its 1st case swap.. got 24 people locked in within about 6 hrs..
doing up something strange for that ;)

Latest posts

Back