Ph Meters At Jaycar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I see PH meters in this months Jaycar catalog
$63.95 for an order of 6

I would like one of these and it lends itself to a AHB bulk order , I am way to busy at present to do it myself...but... if someone is interested in getting this together I'll be first to put my hand up for one

Batz

Batz said:
I see PH meters in this months Jaycar catalog
$63.95 for an order of 6

Batz.

I think you find this is not realy suitable for us as the temperature tollerance is from 0-50C.
Most target Mash Temperatures are 65C.

:(

Possiably PS , but would not take much to remove a tiny sample and cool 10c , also fine for your water.
I wonder if any others have a better temp. range?

Batz

Batz, Why not go with something like these. They don't need calibration, a pack will do 300 pH tests, they require only a drop, cannot be broken.

I only photographed one side and the come in various ranges. The other side shows pH 7-10.
They are about $45/box

Darren said:
Batz, Why not go with something like these. They don't need calibration, a pack will do 300 pH tests, they require only a drop, cannot be broken.

I only photographed one side and the come in various ranges. The other side shows pH 7-10.
They are about $45/box
[post="48684"][/post]​

Try again
hope the resolution is ok

pH_paper_stripsb.jpg

Could be a good thing Darren , I can't see any pic but

Where do you score them , I take it it's test papers

Batz

Batz said:
Could be a good thing Darren , I can't see any pic but

Where do you score them , I take it it's test papers

Batz
[post="48686"][/post]​

Ok Ok
I didn't wait for the pic to load , yep looks OK

Batz

As usual they are cheaper by the bulk buy. Scientific suppliers are the go.
I am happy to organise a bulk buy if enough people are interested

It might be me but it looks like the difference between ph 5 and 7 is bloody close - how do you pick it?

I messed with ph test strips for a long time and eventually bought a meter ($65 from Tandy - on special from $95) and haven't looked back.

Goat,
The picture is not as clear as the strips are. 5-7 is as clear as day on the pack (unless of course you are colour blind). The ones i have here are broad range. They also come in a 4-7 Ph range too (I think that is the range)

We have pH meters here in the lab. I gave up using them years ago. Unless they used and are calibrated constantly they can easily be a mile out. Note that the calibration reagents also should be replaced regularly as they also go off. The electrode is also susceptible to protein build up which will cause inconsistencies. One drop of wort into the reference chamber and it is buggered (Even if it appears to be working)

How about aquarium PH test kits ??

I never used them for brewing but they seem reliable Midrange test for Aquariums I use the Wardley brand them seem to be great

Back