Perth Water Composition Data

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sathid

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I emailed the water corp a few days ago, requesting data on my local water composition. I just thought it might be useful for others.

Put it into beersmith, and we have higher sodium levels than almost any of the water profiles listed :eek:

Cheers,

Troy
View attachment Mt_Yokine.doc

I emailed the water corp a few days ago, requesting data on my local water composition. I just thought it might be useful for others.

Put it into beersmith, and we have higher sodium levels than almost any of the water profiles listed :eek:
Hi Sathid
What suburb are you in? I think Dianella (where I am) is fed from their as well.

Bentley.

I would imagine quite a lot of the central/western suburbs are fed from Mt Yokine.

well, I fall into the south perth/kewdale area on that map. They asked for my address and phone number ( :ph34r:) so I'm guessing they have sent me the correct information.

I'm wondering if perhaps the map is outdated?

well, I fall into the south perth/kewdale area on that map. They asked for my address and phone number ( :ph34r:) so I'm guessing they have sent me the correct information.

I'm wondering if perhaps the map is outdated?
It was an 05-06 report which is all I could find on the web site

I'm in Bold park and these are some of my figures though they are a couple of years old now. The numbers in brackets are the Yokine figures that you have, so you can see its much better living in Scarboro. I should really contact the water people and see if much has changed.

Sodium.......... 60(80) 94
Potassium...... 2.2(4) 6.5
Calcium......... 3.6(20) 5.5
Magnesium..... 5(8) 11
Hardness as CaCO3 30(90) 42
Chloride........ 92(140) 150
Sulphate......... 9(20) 47
Alkalinity as CaCO3 25(60) 62

Meanwhile ... down here in Mandurah

Which has a large proportion of its Water made up from Bore water -

Sodium..........61------------- 60(80) 94
Potassium...... dunno---------2.2(4) 6.5