Perth Visit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trev

Reaction score
I'm over in Perth on business this coming week (and don't get back until late Friday night so I'm going to miss the Ale Night at the Nag's Head) :angry:

As a few of the forum members are from that neck of the woods, and I'm going to hopefully get a few hours to myself, what would be your advice on the microbreweries/brewpubs worth a visit?

Preferably very close to the city, although a mate of mine over there has already organised for us to go down to FreeO one night.

Trev

I'm not in Perth but I do recall a good brew pub in Northbridge.
I'm not 100% on the name but The Brass Monkey keeps coming up in my head.

Cheers,
Doc

Well, I've found one of the sites listed on the above link - The Nail Brewpub on Murray St.

I tried one of their 'Nail Ales' and was a bit disappointed. It was a fairly bitter ale, which I normally like, but it had nothing else, not really any other flavour or balance.

One down and about a dozen to go!

Trev

yes the brass monkey in nth bridge is excellent i think (know) i wasted a few years of my youth there...

they have promotions every now and then...
it is affiliated with the sail and anchor in freo so they have similar microbrewery specialty beers
eg rasberry ale last spring mmmmmmmmmmm

good luck

Sail & Anchor.
Little Creatures.
Bobby Dazzlers Ale House (Nail Ale).
Brass Monkey (BM Stout).
KK's (on Broadway in Nedlands).

All have microbrewed beers.

Also, check out the Belgian Beer Cafe in Murray? st. Its just up the road from bobby dazzlers, on the other side though.

And the Paddington Ale House in mount hawthorn (my local) is pretty good. Hoegaarden, Little Creatures, Newcastle Brown, Coopers Pale, normally the cascade seasonal beer, and a Bootleg brew too. Plus lots of usual swill to choose from. They've also got a huge range of bottled beer.

I'm actually heading over on work tonight, and appear to be staying right around the corner from the Nail Brewpub. I've tried their NailAle before, and totally agree with Trev's opinion.

Might have to do likewise and try a few of their others :chug:

Failing that - the Belgian Beer Cafe does look close ... hmmmmmm

Boots said:
I'm actually heading over on work tonight, and appear to be staying right around the corner from the Nail Brewpub. I've tried their NailAle before, and totally agree with Trev's opinion.

Might have to do likewise and try a few of their others :chug:

Failing that - the Belgian Beer Cafe does look close ... hmmmmmm
Its probably less than a minutes walk for you :)

By the time I got in town, the Nail Ale Brewery part of the pub, was closed and I couldn't see that the pub upstairs (Bobby Dazzler's) actually sold much of the nail beer - so I was stuck with the Belgian Beer Cafe........... maybe next time.

Back