Perth Royal Show

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got 3silver medals in the commercial section for 3 of the 4 beers entered.nearly gave the feral hop hog a run for there money.i brew in Geelong at the southern bay brew co...happy daze.

Got a silver under 12H for my beer 4B. Was a slightly bigger beer than Tasty McDoles Janets Brown. Same grist, different hops. Bittered with summit, then cascade late, flameout and dry hop. Water profile was RO + salts to make up "Ideal Pale Ale" off the water primer floating around on the internet. 2nd gen wlp001 slurry. I would be interested to read the judging notes if there are any because I thought it turned out pretty well.

Congratulations neal32 on your silver award well done. Yes I'm looking forward to the judging notes to
I need to sit down and read up on PH and salts as I have only been using spring water or rain water as is

My placing are
Bronze 012A:Ale - Australian Style Pale Ale
Bronze 012E:Ale - Amber Ale

Congratulations neal32 on your silver award well done. Yes I'm looking forward to the judging notes to
I need to sit down and read up on PH and salts as I have only been using spring water or rain water as is

My placing are
Bronze 012A:Ale - Australian Style Pale Ale
Bronze 012E:Ale - Amber Ale
Well done gents.
I have found the PRBS tasting / judging notes are.very basic so to set ypur expectations be prepared.
If you are after some BJCP style judging notes.come along to the west coast brewers meeting..we have numerous BJCP Judges plus a master level BJCP judge on secondment for a couple of years active in the club. So feel.free.to.come.down with your brews and meet like.mindd people
Cheers

This was me :D

Gold- Simon Innes (American Brown)

That's the only one of 3 that medal'd, but was very unexpected! Looking forward to getting the sheets back.

I never got anything back from the WASABC. I'm sure last time I entered we had the sheets e-mailed to us.

Will pass that info along to the WASABC organiser, sheets were completed for each beer, might have got lost in the system somewhere.

Reply back is that most were handed out at the awards night. If you didn't grab them then, they've been left with Brewmart for pickup.

Thanks mika.

I don't get near there very often, but I'll see what I can sort out.

Have heard from several other people that the feedback for amateur entries was pretty average.
If you feel strongly enough about it, put a concise PM together and ping it on thru to me.
At the moment I'm the current amateur rep on the PRBS committee, so I will raise your concerns. From what I'm seeing they're trying to turn it into an event with some prestige or weight to it for the commercial guys, so not sure how far the amateur comments will go, but it's worth raising it with them at the very least.

Have heard from several other people that the feedback for amateur entries was pretty average.
If you feel strongly enough about it, put a concise PM together and ping it on thru to me.
At the moment I'm the current amateur rep on the PRBS committee, so I will raise your concerns. From what I'm seeing they're trying to turn it into an event with some prestige or weight to it for the commercial guys, so not sure how far the amateur comments will go, but it's worth raising it with them at the very least.
Yes the weighting is towards the commercial guys, the biggest problem I see is that the dates/months get changed every year and the PRBS makes no effort to put out flyers I could be handing to my customers.
The committee, correct me if I am wrong handling the amateur section appears to be soft? Get me on the committee I will fix it ;) "They" need to remember the Show is for the real people not to be hijacked as a commercial show case.
Yes I feel strongly this show is being directed away for the average brewer, take a look at this years numbers .
Nev

Yes the weighting is towards the commercial guys, the biggest problem I see is that the dates/months get changed every year and the PRBS makes no effort to put out flyers I could be handing to my customers.
The committee, correct me if I am wrong handling the amateur section appears to be soft? Get me on the committee I will fix it ;) "They" need to remember the Show is for the real people not to be hijacked as a commercial show case.
Yes I feel strongly this show is being directed away for the average brewer, take a look at this years numbers .
Nev

Firey stuff Nev. They should also have a hermit section - above the amateurs and just below the commercials ;)
BBB

Firey stuff Nev. They should also have a hermit section - above the amateurs and just below the commercials ;)
BBB
great good of use that herms did for you! you couldnt beat a simple biaber in a local country show :ph34r: . Since we all know the herms unit is infallible i guess it just leaves you hey gaz :p

great good of use that herms did for you! you couldnt beat a simple biaber in a local country show :ph34r: . Since we all know the herms unit is infallible i guess it just leaves you hey gaz :p
:icon_offtopic:
"Why are people so unkind" - Kamahl.
Oh and get f%$ked
For the record - 1 first and 2 seconds and I beat Mr Brew's which was the whole point of the day.
Cheers
BBB

It's deffiently aimed at the comercial breweries. By the time I put the effort in to enter a beer im not really in the mood to pay the entry fee.

It's deffiently aimed at the comercial breweries. By the time I put the effort in to enter a beer im not really in the mood to pay the entry fee.

I dont have a problem with the commercial side as it keeps the show evolving but it appears not much effort is being put into keeping the amateur side up to speed.
It needs to be published along time before the event and not just to past entrants. How the hell are you going to find out it on if no one spreads the word ?
I think some posters in HBS with the rules and entry papers is the good start. I would certainly carry these and encourage customer to enter.
Nev

Latest posts

Back