Perth Gathering

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in (as long as I am here, blah blah). I like the idea of Deebees place cos I have several sets of steps at my place and apparently its tradition to smash some. Although I do have a somewhat rudimentary all grain setup at my place and so if we are keen on doing an ag brew that would have the advantage of not having to clean and pack up the gear in a tired and emotional state at the end of the day. I'd rather drink interesting homebrew/imported beer and talk brewing at someones place than sit in a pub. I can sit in a pub anytime with my non-brewing mates. Maybe set the date and the intentions (brewing vs drinking vs IBSing vs pubbing) and finalise the venue closer to the time, based on what the intentions are.

Alright, have now okayed it with my fine wife so it's on. Any Saturday while bigD's in town is fine. Sunday's OK but less good.

Only problem is we have limited undercover area outside so we might have some strategic planning to do with the AG setup if it rains. Won't be able to all stand around it and stay dry, but we will work something out.

To be honest, if the brew doesn't happen, I will be happy to sit around and drink.

(PS I won't be offended if someone with a superior venue and AG set up ready to go wants to have it at theirs.)

you are a true gent deebee :)

Lets just hope your steps are built stronger than those in adelaide :p

Top stuff to all you WA guys!!!
Sounds like you will have a similar day to what we had at GMK's on the Batz tour.
If it turns out half as good as our day you will all have a ball.
Good luck with it and dont get Big D too pi$$ed before he comes to Adelaide.
Cheers

hey bbb
other way round big fella.
im in adelaide first then i go to perth.
last time in perth the forum members and i had a grouse time at the sail and anchor,little creatures then on to clancys.
theres heaps of good spots in perth and looks like since the last time the boys are really gathering pace and the get togethers are getting larger in number.adelaide still in my opinion is the number one place for homebrew forum gatherings followed closely by perth.
so what is happening with the rest of oz.?
mmmm the gauntlet is down.
guys try and organise gatherings and hopefully if all goes well one day we may be in a position to organise a national ahb gathering going from state to state in different years that we could hopefully get to all going well.
actually i will post this differently to gauge opinions.

cheers
big d

Big D,
One way or the other buddy, I bet you will get Pi$$ed at some time or other!!!

:chug: :chug: :chug:

I have never been to Perth but it appears from conversation on this thread that there is a lot more small breweries and special type pubs than Adelaide??
Might get over there myself one day. B)
Cheers

well bbb if you come over in a few years time i will hopefully be settled in perth and there will be a roof over your head and a vehicle to take you to all the hot spots of interest.that is one other good thing ive found in perth is with the english migrant population there is plenty of english style pubs to serve the homeland poms which us beer lovers love.
if you make the distance from arno bay again to goliaths i will be mightly impressed.thats dedication to brewing and a good time.your a legend in my books bbb.

cheers
not so big d

Might take you up on that one day Big D,
Closest I ever got to perth was Kalgoorlie when my sister lived there about seven years ago.
Cheers

I'm always up for beer! :) Someone give me a date, and I'll be there.

I'm happy to bring along beer/food too btw. Maybe even food/s containing beer?!

edit - May even give me a chance to make this Lambic Sorbet I've been meaning to try for ages. I've got a bottle of Liefmans Frambozenbier (ok I know its not true lambic but bah!) saved for it too.

good to see you around again kook.been a bit quiet.nothing set in concrete yet but i like the idea of the ibs visit and a few beers at that nearby local that has a good variety.should be rather central for most that want to attend plus we will not have to battle the masses for a feed as per last freo visit.im very flexible on dates.hey im on holidays during this time B) ;)

cheers
big d

im also open and willing to go with what the majority want. :)

Latest posts

Back