Perth Gathering

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
perth forum members
i will be in perth from 18 june till 3 july so if anyone wants to get together for a few beers and a feed or whatever start considering some suitable dates if your keen.its already been mentioned a gathering at clancys in freo which is fine by me.dont know about the rest of you guys.i have hire car will travel.also can train if necessary ;) :chug:

cheers
big d

Sounds great bigD - I'm free most of that time... mind you I haven't received my orders yet.

It would be good to do a bit of a tasting like last time - the guys there (Clancy's) were happy for us to bring a bottle along each. What is that rumour of an authentic SKA?

goat
it is no rumour as i have already hit the master adelaide brewer of said beverage about taking some over for the perth forum members plus what he owes guest lurker for guessing the correct band that sang the words that were written in the post.
im led to believe SFPA rules
so yes it is true the mighty skunkfart will be travelling qantas across the nullabour to the perth forum members.that is if i dont drink it all on the way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers
big d

I'll be up for it although I am supposed to be away for some/all of that time so wont contribute to setting a date, will just turn up if I am here.

no worries gl
plenty of other times to catch up.if your o/s at the time i will leave the skunkfart with one of the other members to forward on to you at some later date.

cheers
big d

Definitely up for beers down at Clancy's again. Someone want to say a date?

I'll be in it, only thing is I will be on call from the 17th - 23rd so beers in that week are not too good 4 me. If it winds up being then I can see if I can offload the phone for a day :p

Can I just chuck in the date of 26 June and see if anyone has a problem with it? We could go to clancys or to someone's house or to any venue really, mebbe a joint visit to IBS at some stage for tastings or buyings. We could combine it with a yeast swap, brew day if anyone's keen, whatever. Details later.

For now, does anyone have a problem with that date?

I'm keen, and free most weekends.

A visit to the international beer shop would be fantastic. Only problem is transport from there to Freo after a few tastes :)

Heh - I've had that difficulty spsankyofoz.... but the train line is a 10min walk / 20min stagger, so that's an option...

JB O'Reilly a few blocks from IBS is a good pub too. LCPA and many others on tap.

that sounds good deebee.ibs then jb o reilly or other way round whatever.this pub and ibs maybe more central for everyone to travel too.

I have a dream -

A visit to IBS then back to someone's home to drink and sample some HB as well?? Barby or pizza delivery, brew talk, maybe a game on the box? For the price of five pints at clancy's you could buy a lovely little swag of posh imported piss from IBS. And there would be no "one bottle of homebrew each" limit like at clancy's.

OK I'll be brave. I know most of you now anyway so it might as well be my place. I will be earning major browny points just before you arrive bigD as I am taking leave to look after the kids while my wife travels to goldfields to do two weeks' research. So I reckon I've earned it. I live near the city so pretty central. I also have a 7-seater so can probably drive a few to IBS.

If someone feels like bringing AG gear and supervising the operation, I may be prepared to put up some ingredients and we can make like those croweaters? Then hand out bottles later when I bottle it? Too complicated? Maybe. Otherwise, let's just drink piss.

Who's interested?

Wow, big call deebee. Sounds great though !

I'd be happy to bring some gear its just a matter of picking what... prolly my mash tun is the best bit of kit (40L cooler with s/s braid manifold) and possibly the immersion chiller. I can bring converted keg/s (very old and dented).

the most contentious matter would be what game...

Sh*t I live in the wrong part of the country !!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Sounds like a top idea, lots a homebrew. Tansporting mash gear sounds like a big operation ... I could fit mine in the car without too much of a problem.

Alternatively, stocks permitting I could bring a keg of fine (well hopefully) ale, depends if excessive consumption is on the cards :ph34r: (given what I have brewing it would be a SFA using Wyeast 1968 which could be a disaster). An AG brew is a good 5 hour+ affair so extended sampling would be needed. You don't have any kegging gear though do you Deebee ... so gas would need to be transported also. An idea anyway.

If your place falls through we could use mine as an alternative but its all the way down in Atwell (20min south of city), so the IBS would not be possible. TWOC could be an alternate outing but transport could be an issue. Also subject to approval from the boss :unsure:

Looking forward to it anyway.

I'd be keen to join the festivities..... wherever they end up

I've got a fully portable 25litre mash setup (goat's seen it in action....)
+ my weed sprayer party pig for draught beers....
+ a freezer full of cascade hops
+ a sack of Marris otter we could use some of
= Im thinking a little creatures inspired American Ale could be on the cards?

Only problem is I've got a Mountainbike race the following day! (27th june)
Spewin

Asher for now

Asher,

The date is still flexible.

Back