Perth Gathering - January

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
Ok well its my turn to host a brew day for the Perth chapter of AHB and of course any interstate visitors we have in town at the time. How does Saturday the 8th sounds to all, looks like Hoops will be leaving on the 9th so with a day of sampling & brewing he should get a good nights sleep for the long journey home!

- I will provide some non-vegetarian bbq food.
- Bring some of your brews for a sample.
- Hopefully I will have a couple of kegs to sample if XMAS doesn't clean me out!
- As per other brew days I will mash in @12pm so all are welcome from just before then onwards. No idea what to brew but if anyone has any ideas post em here. My brew rig should be a bit less automated than ashers so there are some hands on parts to the process :p

Probably be hot as hell but I have a nice big patio to hide under and if worse comes to worse I can set the hose onto you all. Oh and my dog isn't anywhere as frightening as Captain Sensibles!

So whos interested?

Cant guarantee I will be in Perth, but pretty likely, so will almost certainly be there, unless my cape gets caught by a bus on the freeway on the way down.

Should be able to make it - we're flying out on the 9th as well. Just have to see what SWMBO thinks of the idea though. No chance I'll be able to bring some samples though because they'll be in the wrong state - does anyone object?

Chatty

I am sure we won't be thirsty! Will be good if you can make it, just give the wife the credit card and set her loose in the city :ph34r:

The boss will probabily want me to work that Saturday, but of course this is far more important than that poor c#%*!

Count me in.
Where are you JasonY? Somewhere down Freo way springs to mind.

Atwell, will PM details closer to the date. Probably earlier to Hoops & Chatty if they are coming.

Yeah, that'd be good. Will wait for details then.

Chatty

Yeah that would be good to get contact details before I leave as I will only occassionally be able to get onto a computer once I have left home.

:mellow: forgot to mention - yeah I'm keen and unless something goes tits-up I will be there for sure.

Hoops

I'm in ....
Was a bit worried I'd have a clash with the annual keg-on-athon that a mate has every year.... but its been postponed due to an unforeseen trip to Libya!
Asher for now

Bringing it back to the top if someone missed it b4

would love to come jaysony unfortunately i will be in cairns how ever im planning on a few trips to perth during the year so will keep you sand people well informed in case there is any gatherings to go too or that we can arrange.

cheers
big d

That's a shame bigd :) but I guess that will give us an excuse for more gatherings when our northern brewers come down.

Had a taste of the next batch of 'GT' lager on the weekend... mmmm so good....
Will bring a party pig full to brewday!!!

Asher for now

In Perth, kegs at the ready.

So we're still looking at the 8th Jan?

Yep, still have to decide what to brew :p

Did you drag kegs all the way over here! Serious stuff :eek:

JasonY said:
Did you drag kegs all the way over here! Serious stuff :eek:
Yep, they are all now "ute conditioned" which consists of 1 week in the back of the ute at room temp driving across Australia.
I have 18L oatmeal stout, 15L GTR lager, 10L corona clone and 15L Pale Ale.
:chug:

Back