Perth Christmas Drinks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goat

NULL
Reaction score
Just thought I'd make a new thread so we don't get confused with the the JasonY brew day...

There was talk a few weeks ago about getting together for a few drinks one evening this week in town with Hoops - is anyone still interested? needless to say, I am !

I know Deebee set out a few dates that he's NOT available - but I can't find that at the moment

Deebee claimed to be unavailable 10 16 17 24 Dec. Captain Sensible also would be unavailable 24 Dec (delivering special Christmas gifts down chimneys in houses where children have been sensible this year).

How do Perth guys feel about Wed 22 Dec, after work? Start at Belgian Beer Cafe then move somewhere cheaper? Captain Sensible feels good about it.

Nah don't think I am going to make this, I am on call from Wednesday ... (f@#k it all) and I may need to earn some brownie points for the post XMAS gatherings :)

Have a good one.

Wed is no good for me now. Tues and Thurs still good but probably can't stay long. I have never been so low on brownie points in my married life. And way too tired to earn any soon.

Another option might be Wed or Thur of next week??

I won't be offended if you stick to Wed 22nd. I may try to run in quickly between the two functions I have on that evening.

(Thanks to the Captain for the "heads up" PM.)

I'm cool for Tuesday too does that help you JasonY ? What about the Capt. & Hoops?

the week after Christmas I'm heading south so couldn't do that.

nah not really I have a lot of stuff to do about the house this week. I think I will concentrate on that this week and think about the beers on the 2nd and 8th of Jan :p

*just to put this back on top*

I think I'm free either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yeah tomorrow is fine by me.
What time and where?

At the risk of being Captain Sensible -

Belgian Beer Cafe
Cnr Murray and King Sts
Perth
Tuesday 21 December
5 pm

I will get there by 4.45 pm (so I can get in a couple more beers than anyone else)
I will be a tall bloke with a red goatee and wearing a black hobgoblin lager boy t shirt, in the main bar on Murray St (not out the back).
Rally to me.

Well - it sounds like today is on then.

Should we meet at the Belgian Beer Cafe for a few expensive ones then move to the Moon?

What time? I work in Nedlands and will be bussing it in but could be in town by around 5:30 if I get my skates on...

Hoops: this is on the corner of Murray and King Streets. King Street is a couple of hundred metres west of the Hay Street and Murray Street Malls in the shopping centre of town. I'll PM you my mobile number

oops - sorry Captain, you must have got in before me

Like you said - BBC at 5:00ish.

Bewdy.

I will try for 5ish, maybe a bit earlier since the Capt has thrown up the challenge.

Righto, 5pm BBC it is.
What's the dress standard there? :unsure:

Hoops said:
Righto, 5pm BBC it is.
What's the dress standard there? :unsure:
Reasonably casual I think although the after work crowd is mostly suits. I vaguely recall a "no work gear, singlets, thongs" type sign, but sandals/jeans/t shirts are Ok I think.

Righto guys, heading for the train station now. Should be there spot on 5pm I reckon.
I don't think I'll be able to miss you GL, but just in case I'll be the tall bloke in light coloured jeans and a black Jim Beam shirt.
See you all soon.

Hoops
:chug:

Back