Perth Brewers Look Here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kook

Reaction score
I'm just looking to see if there are any expressions of interest in a Perth AHB pub walkabout.

Is anyone interested in meeting up and going to a few pubs on a taste testing mission?

I personally think Freo would be a great venue for this. Theres Sail & Anchor, Little Creatures, and Clancys Fish Pub all walking distance from each other, and the train station. Parking is readily available if you're planning to regulate your consumption.

Sail & Anchor have a great selection of in-house brews, as do Little Creatures. Clancys usually has a few taps on from local brewerys such as Feral and Bootleg. They also have a nice selection of bottled beers, and a few other tastys on tap.

http://www.clancysfishpub.com.au/
http://www.sailandanchor.com.au/
http://www.littlecreatures.com.au/

Personally I think a Saturday or Sunday would be optimal, as we could organise a tour of Sail & Anchor. I'll email them if I get enough interest.

I figure start at Sail & Anchor late morning, get some lunch in Freo (theres everything to choose from), then follow on to Little Creatures and Clancys in the afternoon.

So, anyone from Perth up for this? :)

oh oh ..... pick me !

(most of my weekends are spent before I get them - so I will have to plan it a bit)

well done kook. Yeah I'm interested. Like goat I would prefer a date a month or two away so I can set it aside.

This would be a good chance to swap some bottles with anyone prepared to taste my swill and give me the cruel truth and maybe some tips.

What about you bigD? Aren't you coming to Perth soon? What's the date for that trip?

Sounds like big d is coming over mid september from previous posts..

Hows september 20th or 21th sound to people as a tentitive date?

Would a Saturday or Sunday be a better option?...

sounds great guys
i arrive in perth on the 16 sept leave 5 october.i will be staying out mindarie way.travel will be no probs.

cheers
big d

20 or 21 September would suit me

So would 27 or 28.

Have a slight preference for Saturday over Sunday but can do either.

I might put a post on grumpys site and see if we can get some numbers going.

Tell them to pop over here if they're interested :)

Once I've got at least 5 people I'll phone Sail & Anchor and see if we can book a tour ahead of time. They like notice if theres going to be a group.

A saturday would probably suit me better - but I'm happy to go with the concensus

Anyone have a problem with shifting it to 27/9? I can bring another bloke on that day.

Hey gang! Sounds great. Good idea moving it from the other weekend - we're gigging in Northam that Friday and I think it would have been a ******* :) But yeah, if you're keen to make it an all-Freo weekend, Dyslexic Fish (see off topic forum :) ) and Mr Sandman are playing at Mojo's Bar on Queen Victoria St. on the evening of Friday 26th. So yeah.

But seriously, sounds like a good idea. I'll be training it I think... also what time of the day/night were you thinking Kook?

Vinds.

Maybe start with lunch (or a pre-lunch beer then eat) so there's something in the stomach.

For lunch, cheaper would be better and I know it's no micro-brewery but they have Tooheys Old and Coopers Sparkling on tap at the food hall next to the Sail & Anchor. Also some decent bottles.

What's Clancy's like for food prices. Their beers seem reasonably priced.

Little Creatures food is pretty expensive.

looks like you guys are getting it together our grumpies get together in adelaide seems to have died before it was born.

I'll talk with the S&A representative and see if we can organise an afternoon tour. Their normal tours are in the mornings though. I've seen him post on the craftbrewers list though so he might be able to arrange something :)

The food at the Sail & Anchor is alright too. I've only ever tried the roo burger in the outdoors (lower) restraunt though. It was pretty tasty. Theres plenty of food available in freo anyway :) I've never eaten at little creatures or clancys.

Looks like the 27th is best for everyone anyway :)

Love your work Kook..... thanks.

What is the situation with tours at LC? do they do them?

LC cant offer tours due to health+safety reasons (read insurance reasons).

However, the entire brewery area is sectioned off from the pub by big glass windows. You can walk around and see all the aspects of it from behind the glass.

While on the Perth theme, I have just joined the International Beer Club in West Leederville and they are having tasting nights.

8 quality beers supplied along with munchies for $10. Goes for an hour on a weeknight. Details to be decided.

Email this bloke if you are interested: [email protected]

They're also offering bimonthly beer packs for $50. You can subscribe and receive them at your door every 2 months :)

The first pack looks great, lots of beers I've wanted to try :)

*Finally* somewhere in WA has mountain goat.

Yeah, those beer packs look good. I've ordered the first one and see how it goes as to whether I'll do it again. The Mountain Goat did it for me too, after seeing what everyone else has to say about it.

I'm looking forward to learning some stuff at those tastings. I'm also going to try and take some of my less favourite homebrew along and ask someone with a trained palate to tell me exactly what's wrong with them. I'm just crap at describing tastes. Just know if it's no good.

Back