Perth Brewday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goat

NULL
Reaction score
As has been generously suggested a few times by members - its well past due to have my turn to host a brewday.

Im thinking May 21 at this stage but that is pretty flexible. The usual format would apply; mash-in late morning, beer, barby when the gas bottle for the HLT is no longer needed for more important applications, beer, chat/advice to brewer, beer etc etc.

I live about a 5-10 minute walk/stagger from Bayswater train station so getting there should be pretty easy details will be PMd later.

Suggestions of what to brew are more than welcome. At this stage I was thinking (following recent discussions) maybe an Octoberfest possibly even a decoction, depending on sobriety of brewer.

The Brauhaus is in a shed so weather wont be an issue. But be warned the house is a careful and indepth study of deconstruction and delapidation. It aint pretty !

Anyone who would like to come along - let me know. It would be good to have a handle on numbers.

I'm in! (Unless I am away in Indonesia or the UK, which are both possibilities at the moment, so I wont contribute to the date discussion). I can bring a gas bottle or two if you want the bbq to become independent of the brewing.

I would really encourage any Perth brewers of any experience to get along. Its not snobby, its not intimidating, its just a bunch of blokes drinking large amounts of great beer, watching an all grain brew from start to finish, and taking the piss out of various aspects of Goats brewing (except of course the NASA burner which we stand in a circle and worship).

[/QUOTE]
The Brauhaus is in a shed so weather wont be an issue. But be warned the house is a careful and indepth study of deconstruction and delapidation. It aint pretty

Should I bring tools? or just a hardhat?

Goat said:
I live about a 5-10 minute walk/stagger from Bayswater train station so getting there should be pretty easy.

[post="56346"][/post]​

Hmm that sounds familiar. I will put on my hiking boots saddle up the camels and set off this weekend.

Can't wait.

Sorry Deebee - I should have said: " if you go in a straight line its a 5-10min walk, if however you go via Subiaco it may take longer.... "

Hey Vlad - aren't you a chippy/fixing carpenter? If that the case. yes. bring tools, many tools.

Thanks GL - I might take yup up on the gas bottle offer. And there will be no 'pointing and snickering' please.

I'll be there barring any unforseen trips to the US for job interviews ;)

Goat I'm in at the moment as well barring any other unforseen events.
Your place can't be much worse than mine is as far as being a renovation in progress. I can bring the flamethower blowtorch as well if anyone wants to compare it with a nasa burner!

Ausdb

just a thought to keep in the back of your mind guys.i will be back in perth in july sorting out the building of my house so baring some unforseen holdup during this time i will be all to keen to get together with the perth ahb brewers for a get together or more.
it would be good to catch up with you guys once again.
i will be staying out at toodyay this time so a smallish trek to midland will see me able to venture forth by train.

cheers
big d

sorry for the thread hijack goat.
i owe you a few beers ;)

no necessary bid d - but I'll take you up on that anyway !

see you in July

Hi Goat,

I'm pencilling myself in. Look forward to meeting you guys. Probably have to bring some bought beer (imported of course) as I'm not dragging a keg to Baysy.

I'm in

Lou's in Sydney for work that weekend... perfect
....Actually maybe not so perfect.... who's going to pick me and deebee up!

Will let Trash-Mash-Al know too.

Asher for now

Public transport is your friend....

have a note in your pocket with your name address just in case you can't clearly articulate where you are trying to get to.

So that's 21 May at Goat's, something else in July for big d then Sandroptoberfest at mine in September. Looking good.

Asher said:
who's going to pick me and deebee up!
[post="56424"][/post]​

Asher, I should be able to arrange a lift home for me n you n Al. Plenty of room on those camels.

deebee said:
So that's 21 May at Goat's, something else in July for big d then Sandroptoberfest at mine in September. Looking good.

[post="56429"][/post]​

To follow off topic a little, I was thinking about a midwinter brew day so it could be my place in July. Why mid-winter? Cos I am thinking a stein beer might be fun and I dont fancy standing round jarrah coals in the summer! Just need to go back and read the fine print in the brewhouse insurance policy regarding exploding rocks and scalded feet before finalising.

Anyway, sounds like a good number of takers for Goats day, excellent.

Hi Goat and All,
If almost complete novices are allowed, then I will come along,

Cheers
Case

Goat,

I'll be there. Need us to bring anything along?

I'll be moving into my new (new for me) house a couple of weeks later, complete with backyard brick and tile brewhouse and bar area :lol:. I'll put my hand up for the next ahb perth brew day.

Cheers

I'll be there. Need us to bring anything along?

Bring along your brew bitch (lil Davo :super: ). He can carry the mini keg & clean... :beerbang:

I'll pass the message on! although hes almost ready to graduate to apprentice brewer now, i dont want that, he might start questioning my authority and stop cleaning up. I must keep him away from outside influence!

Guest Lurker said:
Just need to go back and read the fine print in the brewhouse insurance policy regarding exploding rocks and scalded feet before finalising.

I want an engineering certificate on the wind rating on your crafty water liftometer with $2 bunnings pully. Remember it can be windy in winter! :ph34r:

Are you supplying hard hats?

and while you're at it; something on the compressive strength of a full grown adult male great dane's jaws....

Back