Perth Brewday Early Nov Anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am happy to help out with any equipment, I have a NASA and 50L kettle oh well more like a 46litre

Is that the kettle I sold you sinkas? if so I have successfully brought 48L to the boil in it!!!

PS if you come along I'll give you the screen I made for the bottom of it too.

I'm up for either date.

If theres any way I can help bringing anything along let me know.

Another bottle of Ruination IPA would go down nicely like you brought to deebees last year :p

I should be able to make it as well. i'll check tomorrow if i'm working that day otherwise i'll be there. Might even be able to have a tipple this time!

I can't offer equipment but am happy to bring whatever else. Let me know Aus.

Cheers,

Chatty

Excellent, I'll be there.

Will bring some of my GP summer ale if it is worthy.

And will see what food the missus can whip up this time.

I will send a PM re:teeing up making snaggers.

Like a well oiled machine there Darryn - top work!

"Rememberance day brew day 2006"
Replies in order

Cool on the snaggers, I'll bone out some of Creighton Parks finest lamb for one lot.

Not sure about well oiled but hopefully it will all come together on the day without too many tears

So who is going to bring the poppies?? at least we are brewing a pommy beer
Deebee there's a crap load of nasturtiums in our back garden but not many poppies are you sure you gave me them last year :blink:

One thing though, Does anyone have access to one of those old fashioned 1/2 a 44 gallon drum BBQ's? some dinosaur/asado would make a tasty brewsnack.

Great work Ausdb, i should be in for either date.

Whole Bag Brew Day?!! It might be tough, but I will try to change the course of the heavens to get to the almighty WBBD.

If you are still wanting an esky tun, I can make mine available. It's 40-something litres. And my philmil too, if need be.

I will make the usual batch of ikan bilis and maybe even venture into some kangaroo biltong if I get my crap together.

Vive le WBBD!!

Lets call ourselves a charity, and get commercial sponsoship to brew a whole goddam ton of the stuff!

Monster Mash.

Who is the unlucky ******* who gets the job of yeast farming for a sack or 2 of grain?

<insert obligatory offer of gear if desired here>

Ok guys, heres a slightly less rough plan

Brewday is Saturday 11/11/06 for the Rememberence Day WBBD (try to say that with a skinful)

We will mash a bag of GP malt in an aim to brew something along the lines of Timothy Taylors LLPA based on a scaled up version of a previous brew, except that the styrian goldings will go in last.
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=128284

Planning on allowing time for mishaps I am thinking dough in at about 10 or 11 AM. Grain will be crushed the night before and strike water in the urns and ready to go.

This should mean a boil somewehere around the 12-1pm mark which will be 90 minutes. Followed by chilling with a counterflow or no-chill if you are brave and have a clean cube or jerry can.

There should be about 120L of wort at the end, obviously I am not going to drink all of it in a fit so I am happy with 2 kegs worth at the end and then we lucky lottery the rest off to participants.

I have scrounged another mash tun thanks Chillamcgilla to go with my two so we will mash in parallel

I have tested the "coke can kettle" the other night and heated 80L from 20C to boil in a bit over 1.5 hours, obviously heating from sparge to boil will take less time. GLs 4 ring maintained a nice rolling boil quite happily.

Another big kettle would be nice and I am sort of thinking maybe Vlads?

I have arranegd for some of that new fangled hops based anti foam with Roy at TWOC so boilovers should not be too much of an issue.

Thanks to Chillamcgilla's expert help and equipment last night we will have lamb & rosemary sausages on the day plus some more of the regular ones from Dubrovniks.

Can I get a show of hands in the next post of who plans on attending so I can get an idea for catering, please just keep adding to the same post rather than a squillion me too's!

Mrs Ausdb will probably be getting pretty bored by the end of the day (or sore from laughing at me too much) so brew wives, partners are welcome to drop in for afternoon drinks if you want when you come to pick up your brewer.

If you plan on coming to the Rememberance Day WBBD 11/11/06 then get your name on the list. I live in Dianella and will PM everyone on this list with my address next week.

1. Ausdb!

1. Ausdb!
2. Goat (with bells on)
3 GL (assuming I am back in the country)

PS
This might be a good chance for people to get an ag wort to try so I am happy to be at the back of the list to purchase a fresh wort kit. But if no-one else wants to take a no chill fresh wort kit, I would be very keen to do that and ferment a couple of days later to allow direct comparison with the chilled versions.

1. Ausdb!
2. Goat (with bells on)
3. Chillamacgilla - woohoo
4. GL (assuming I am back in the country)
5. Asher - I'll bring a cube for the raffle - but happy to 'beer-up' a non AG brewer also...

let me know if I can bring anything else

1. Ausdb!
2. Goat (with bells on)
5. Asher - happy to beer up a non AG brewer also...
6. uneekwahn (will confirm early next week as mrs uneekawhn returns from the uk next week and may have plans for me already!)

1. Ausdb!
2. Goat (with bells on)
5. Asher - happy to beer up a non AG brewer also...
6. uneekwahn (will confirm early next week as mrs uneekawhn returns from the uk next week and may have plans for me already!)
7. Kook (Will bring a couple US beers along he's got stashed away)

PS
This might be a good chance for people to get an ag wort to try so I am happy to be at the back of the list to purchase a fresh wort kit. But if no-one else wants to take a no chill fresh wort kit, I would be very keen to do that and ferment a couple of days later to allow direct comparison with the chilled versions.

Mmm Purchase hadn't thought of that, thanks GL i assume you are posting this from the wilds of Indo?
Contributions would be greatly appreciated as it over the $100 mark just for malt and yeast plus hops need to go in as well.
If people are prepared to chip in then I could sus out some 10 or 20L jerry cans or something and we package them up in those?

Latest posts

Back