Personalised Glasses

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jye

Hop Junky
Reaction score
After reading the AHB beer glasses thread again it reminded me I was going to personalise some of my glasses with my brew house name.

Here are a few shots of my favourite beer glass, it similar to a Weizen.

DCP01915.JPG

It was pretty easy to do, just get a sticker made up, the one in the pic is taken from the back because both times I did it I forgot to take a pic before applying the cream. Then apply the glass etching cream and leave for 5 mins. All done :beerbang:

DCP01913.JPG
DCP01911.JPG

Sorry Andrew this wasnt a kit. I got the cream of ebay from the US because no one in Aus had any or it was to expensive, I think they wanted $60 a bottle :blink: about $30 shipped from the US :) My dad is in the sign writing business so he was able to get some of the stickers made up, I've got about 30 so I will have to find some more stuff to etch.

Is that cream hydroflouric based? Or some other strong acid?

Either way, I hope you were careful with it :)

I can't remember and there is no info on their website, but do state it can be used on "household glassware" and they also sell various wine glasses.

Anyway, it did get a very good wash. I will check the bottle out tonight.

They look top notch there Jye.

Looks much easier to use the cream than sandblasting!

Any ideas on the approximate retail price of the on the stickers?

Does the guy have an ebay shop?

Do you have his website ?

Looks great I'll love to make up some of those

Batz

vinyl cut stickers are cheap and easy, you can also sand blast the glass if you cant get your hands on the cream..

if you want me to source the glasses/vinyl/sand blasting i can... there is some labour in the 'weeding' of the stickers tho, and if you sand blast the letters cant be too fine, the sample above would be ok..

Well done Jye

I used to do personalised glasses for birthday presents with a dremel.

Just got me thinking ... I used to use carbon paper to trace the design then etch with a dimond tip in the dremel ... :) mmm off to the workshop... :)

warb said:
vinyl cut stickers are cheap and easy, you can also sand blast the glass if you cant get your hands on the cream..

if you want me to source the glasses/vinyl/sand blasting i can... there is some labour in the 'weeding' of the stickers tho, and if you sand blast the letters cant be too fine, the sample above would be ok..
[post="82944"][/post]​

I would be interested in a price warb

Batz

Either way, I hope you were careful with it

Contains: Ammonium/Sodium Bifluorides.... I have no idea if this is good or bad but I did give them a good wash and have drunk from them :blink:

Does the guy have an ebay shop?

Here is the link, my first bottle never arrived so they just shipped a new one no questions asked and it arrived a week later.

there is some labour in the 'weeding' of the stickers tho

If you have stickers made up just weed them your self, it only takes a few minutes and all you need are some tweezers. I wouldnt wish weeding a mass number of stickers on anyone...you could go blind :D

I bought some etched beer glasses at Christmas. I was going to buy some more but I thought if they can do it so can I. Now I also am going to make my own once I decide on a name and logo :huh:
I will be lurking in this thread to see if any more pics or handy hints come in.

Cool other people here do work with glass etching. This really is easy to do and gets addicting. I find the best way is to use a sandblaster known as sandblasting glass, but the only bad thing is the equipment can be expensive. The cream is easy to do but doesn't look as good. I enjoy talking to other people about this, so feel free to ask me any questions.

-Eric

I bought some etched beer glasses at Christmas. I was going to buy some more but I thought if they can do it so can I. Now I also am going to make my own once I decide on a name and logo :huh:
I will be lurking in this thread to see if any more pics or handy hints come in.

Back