"perlick Type" Taps From Keg King?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serapax

Reaction score
Hi all,

I note that Keg King now have on their catalogue both a stainless and ABS plastic "Perlick type" seal forward taps. Interestingly, cheaper than their normal draft taps.
I'm assuming these are clones rather than actual Perlicks?

The text goes on to promote the ABS plastic version ($25 ea with shank assembly) as best for uncooled fonts due to the temperature sink of the SS. I'm hoping it also addresses my concern of using chrome plated fittings (especially with soda water for the kids) as the pic appears to have a plastic connector. KK aren't able to supply SS barbs, even for their SS taps, which seems odd.

Any thoughts? 2 of these for $50 and a $60 chrome double font would appear to be a cost effective solution unless I've overlooked something.

Cheers!

Mike

Buy right, buy once.

Nothing more to add.

So...what you're saying is that you know of these specific products and advise against them from experience?
Or just that in general you should always buy brand name items and this is no different?

So...what you're saying is that you know of these specific products and advise against them from experience?
Or just that in general you should always buy brand name items and this is no different?
Personal experience, see here and here.

I didn't particularly want to slag KK in yet another open forum, but hey, I try to help out where I can.

Personal experience, see here and here.

I didn't particularly want to slag KK in yet another open forum, but hey, I try to help out where I can.

Cheers. Pity - postage from the US is pretty steep, but it seems like there's not much choice if you want quality kit....

I have an ABS plastic pluto gun from KK - leaks like crazy. I should've just stumped up for the full SS.

I have recently upgraded to the 525's and would highly recommend them. Have not tried the KK style taps but I am more than happy with the brand name. The cost of shipping is soon forgotten.

I have recently upgraded to the 525's and would highly recommend them. Have not tried the KK style taps but I am more than happy with the brand name. The cost of shipping is soon forgotten.

+1 there great

Back