Perlick Questions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
Hi,

i've pretty much decided to get Perlick Flow Control taps but i've just got a couple of questions

I'm fitting them into a collared keezer - if i get a shank setup with the taps can i screw a push fitting adaptor onto the back of the shank thread? or do i have to use the nut and barb tailpiece?

Also are Perlicks spring loaded or not? (i prefer not)

Anyone with the chrome flow controls wish they'd got (or stuck with) the stainless non flow controls?

cheers

Hi,

i've pretty much decided to get Perlick Flow Control taps but i've just got a couple of questions

I'm fitting them into a collared keezer - if i get a shank setup with the taps can i screw a push fitting adaptor onto the back of the shank thread? or do i have to use the nut and barb tailpiece?

Also are Perlicks spring loaded or not? (i prefer not)

Anyone with the chrome flow controls wish they'd got (or stuck with) the stainless non flow controls?

cheers

The 5/8" shanks which match the perlicks will work with the 5/8" JG adaptor
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=853

Perlicks have no spring, but under pressure the do snap closed very easily, might not be the same if the flow control is restricted (I have SS non flow flow control perlicks, wish I had stainless flow controls ;), love the stainless aspect)

No idea about how they would go on a collar, as mine are on a raised Kegerator font.

They are not spring loaded, they rely on back pressure from the beer in the keg to maintain a seal. Due to this, one of mine has a tendency to leak if I turn the gas off but pull a couple of beers. I probably just need to pull it apart and give it a good clean.

Other than that, they look great, work great, and save having a heap of messy beer line in your fridge.

Latest posts

Back