Perlick Flow Control Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummmmmmmmmmmm.......... no :p

So, what would you guys prefer to use to connect beer line to the shank for the Perlicks?
Welded nipple, tail and nut, JG.?
Soon to buy 5 Perlicks and upgrade my keggerater set up. Thinking of easy cleaning, replacing lines, leaks, cost etc
Daz

So, what would you guys prefer to use to connect beer line to the shank for the Perlicks?
Welded nipple, tail and nut, JG.?
Soon to buy 5 Perlicks and upgrade my keggerater set up. Thinking of easy cleaning, replacing lines, leaks, cost etc
Daz

What do you have now Daz? Or do you have to buy shanks?

Hey guys, Besides the price difference what are the other differences between the 525 s/s and the the chrome plated taps. I have to by 6 so price does play a part

Hey guys, Besides the price difference what are the other differences between the 525 s/s and the the chrome plated taps. I have to by 6 so price does play a part

525's would require you to balance your system, flow/line diameter/line length, the flow control taps negate some of this allowing shorter beer line to the taps

525's come in both SS or PC but have no flow control so means you have to balance your system with the right length line. The choice between SS and PC is basically bling factor

545 comes in chrome only (theres no SS model) and has flow control. You pay a premium for the convience of not having to balance, but it does give you more flexibility (in being able to adjust the tap for different beers with different carbonation) and it does save you some dollars on beer line if you don't alreay have it.

The other cheap generic "chrome plated" taps (if this is what your refering to) are rubbish and will actually cost you more since you'll replace them pretty soon after you buy them.

Hey guys,

Looking at getting the flow control taps from morebeer.com, and was having trouble finding the shanks. I want to go through a collar on a freezer, which I am currently building, and have the craftbrewer JG fitting on the freezer side.

Is this what I want from morebeer:
https://morebeer.com/view_product/16257/102...ank_-_4%22_S_S_

and this from craftbrwer:
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=853

Thanks

http://www.thebeertapstore.com/Complete_4_...mbly_p/sk04.htm

is cheaper. And yes, the fittings from CB are right :)

btw, if you have a face board on the outside or a board on the inside to sit flush with the freezer walls, you will have just enough length in a 4" shank to do the job. If you use botha 19mm face board outside the collar (to hold it to the freezer/look good) and a board on the inside to sit flush to the freezer walls, then you will need top either go 5" shank or cut a recess into the inside board for the nut & JG fitting.

http://www.thebeertapstore.com/Complete_4_...mbly_p/sk04.htm

is cheaper. And yes, the fittings from CB are right :)

btw, if you have a face board on the outside or a board on the inside to sit flush with the freezer walls, you will have just enough length in a 4" shank to do the job. If you use botha 19mm face board outside the collar (to hold it to the freezer/look good) and a board on the inside to sit flush to the freezer walls, then you will need top either go 5" shank or cut a recess into the inside board for the nut & JG fitting.

Thanks.

But we are placing the order with morebeer, I just couldnt figure out if the shanks I have listed had the removable barb. Looks like they are removable, as all the other ones on the site, say welded.

Thanks

Hey guys, I wanna upgrade my keg king kegerator taps to these badboys, do I need to buy new shanks? If so which ones?
I have nfi what a shank even does. :lol:

Cheers

Perlick will be rolling out SS versions of their 545's at the end of the year.
At least with the amount of notice I can save up this time.

Perlick will be rolling out SS versions of their 545's at the end of the year.
At least with the amount of notice I can save up this time.

Where did you get that information from? I don't see any information on the Perlick website.

Hey guys, I wanna upgrade my keg king kegerator taps to these badboys, do I need to buy new shanks? If so which ones?
I have nfi what a shank even does. :lol:

Cheers
No, you don't have to.

The Perlicks fit the (sub-)standard KK shank just fine. I did exactly the same thing this week.

However, the quality of the KK shanks do not come close to those offered by Craftbrewer.

Getting the shanks off and back on to the font can be an exercise in frustration, especially if you have big hands, and don't happen to have a 27mm open-end ring spanner handy :)

Just went on to order and there is no "Australia" in the freight calculations..... :(

Just did a test on New Zealand and it comes up with $106 freight........ :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back