Perlick 545SS Stainless Steel Flow Control Taps - Problems & Solut

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giddy up. good time to be buying.. i was about to get the CP flow controls and whilst yagoogling around i noticed the 650's... Gonna take the drop on a pair from O/S... Best i've found at current is;

https://www.homebrewing.org with 2 650's + shipping coming to $188... anyone found better?

edit--- bought them anyway.. hope the boss doesnt murder me in my sleep now.

I'm selling the original 545ss if anyones interested also. Check out the for sale forum.

As for fhe 650ss I havent seen them in Oz just yet.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
I'm selling the original 545ss if anyones interested also. Check out the for sale forum.

As for fhe 650ss I havent seen them in Oz just yet.
What happened to four taps? Buk buk bakurk! :p

Haha I know I know!!! Few things led me to the decision. Mainly needing top fridge real estate to carbonate kegs for my mates and our camping trips so can put a bottom shelf in kegerator to allow more than 3 kegs at a time... first world problems...

well there will be another set of 650s in aus very shortly :D Ill post up some pics, but from what i've heard they are to die for :D

Finally about to hook up my Perlick FC taps and will be running 5mm line to them (bloody work has been getting in the way).

I know that the idea with flow control taps the line length is less important, however was wondering what beer line length people have had the most success with.

Am carbonating slowing at serving pressure, aiming for about 2.5 volumes.

I was thinking of running about 1m of line between each keg and tap, is this enough length, or should I run a slightly longer beer line just to be sure?

Cheers to all, and I hope the silly season is relaxing and more importantly safe for all (especially those travelling).

JD

That's the beauty of these taps it takes the line length pretty much out of the equation.

I run roughly 1.1m, your 1m will be fine.

Shorter is probably better. Less beer not in the keg between pours.

Yeah for those (like me) who don't have daily or even for some taps weekly pours through then the beer in the line does go stale and 'eggy', so shorter the better and the flow control works perfectly.

Yeah for those (like me) who don't have daily or even for some taps weekly pours through then the beer in the line does go stale and 'eggy', so shorter the better and the flow control works perfectly.

Have had a problem with a slow drip drip drip on mine. Have finally got around to pulling them off with 3 empty kegs and buying some lube.

Any reports of the same sort of thing? Hoping this fixes it.

Get Skerra lube from Natuonal Homebrew. It goes VERY far. Amazing what lube does for o-rings...

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Have had a problem with a slow drip drip drip on mine. Have finally got around to pulling them off with 3 empty kegs and buying some lube.

Any reports of the same sort of thing? Hoping this fixes it.
I had one of my five taps leak after 3-4 years. Overhaul kits are cheap so I re-kitted the whole five. Easy to do and use a little keg lube.
Have heard you can just rotate the main sealing 'o' ring and lube again and all's good.

If there's no dents, nicks or scratches in an o-ring it's ok to use.

Have done the rotation of the o-ring within the tap. Also lubed up all the bits that would cause the issue.

As it stands, if I use the FC lever, I can get it to an almost no-existent leak. Cannot use the main handle at all.

I'm thinking that I'll look at a refurb kit. Given one of the taps is cross threaded on the top, if it is too expensive (please provide linky poos, someone, please?), I'll grab a couple of intertap SS ones, which the one I have, has been awesome.

Back