Perlick 525ss leak

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyjackpot

Reaction score
One of my 525ss has started to leak beer from where the handle meets the main body of the tap - not from the spout. Have tried replacing the seals with no luck. All of the other taps are working fine. Have swapped seals from working taps to the dodgy one and see the same problem. Anyone else had this problem? Any tips for fixage or am I looking at stumping up for a new tap?

The leak is from the 5/6 area in the attached image.

1391847767724.jpg

HBHB said:
Did it leak after a clean and disassemble?
I disassembled and cleaned the tap, used new seals and it still leaks. I actually had the tap connected to a keg for a few weeks leak free but had not poured from it until today and that is when the leak started.

A follow up on this just in case anyone has the same problem and comes across this thread.

The leak was caused by the lower seal #2 (see image attached to the first post of this thread) being distorted out of shape. Fairly common issue with these taps I am told and can be caused by over tightening the bonnet.

I have seen this issue on 2 of my taps now and tightening the bonnet seemed to fix it, however it appears that tightening the bonnet is a band aid fix only and will likely make things worse by distorting/flattening the seal even more. When this tap finally let go it was a fairly substantial leak so I am glad I was there when it happened, would not have taken long to empty a keg.

All of my taps will be getting new seals over the weekend.

Big thanks to HBHB for his help fixing the problem for me

Awesome!

For the last month I've gone back to a brumby tap since I wasn't able to fix the leak from that same area.

I'll get onto to getting some new seals.

Thanks for that JJP

Latest posts

Back