Pekko

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
Description

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

DBox_Border_Left_Top.gif

clear1x1.gif

DBox_Border_Right_Top.gif

clear1x1.gif

Pekko™ is named for the Finnish God of Field and Crops. Pekko's™ complex and clean characteristics of floral citrus, and mint lend itself to many different styles of beer.
Aroma: Clean, Pleasant, floral, citrus, mint, herbal, mellow, pineapple, thyme, saaz-like cucumber, sage, touch of lemon

Alpha: 13-16%
BETA: 3.5-4.25 %

Total Oil: 2.1 - 2.7 ml/100g
Myrcene: 46-55% of total oils
Caryoph: 11-13% of total oils
Humulene 12-15% pf total oils
Farnesene: <1% total oils

Seems the ADHA is starting to release a few of the things they've been working on...

About bleeding time :D

Pekko.jpg

Ah a Finnish..ing hop, for a Dwarf beer....
My wit knows no bounds.

er.. top of my head 15 something or other.. Id have to look to get the accurate number, I cant recall exactly

spewing I wont get a brew day soon or Id be using some myself.. sadly I have to wait... need to free up some cubes..

timely prompt, I'd better get some yeast spinning ;)

At first glance I thought that said Perko, Lukiferj :blink:

So what's the goss folks? Feedback? Going purely by description I am thinking I am going to use it in my cal common for this years VicBrew.

Used to be purely Cascade for flavour and aroma but I may do half/half this time around as it seems to be one of those vague hops.

Stone just released a Barleywine dry hopped with Pekko..

2016 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine Dry-Hopped with Pekko Hops

From time to time, we like to tweak the recipes of some of our most long-standing beers—like Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine—to create unique variations. This year we’re taking it to the next level by dry-hopping it with Pekko hops—a new varietal from Washington’s Yakima Valley—which in turn add notes of stone fruit, orange, lemon and mint to this bready, toffee-like beast of a beer.

From

http://www.stonebrewing.com/beer/special-releases/2016-stone-old-guardian-barley-wine-dry-hopped-pekko-hops#ageGatePassed

Anyone used Pekko lately? Was thinking of a pale ale with Pekko and mosaic. Pekko early for bittering then a bit of both late then maybe a bit of both dry hopped? Thoughts. Cheers. [emoji481]

Latest posts

Back