Paypal

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dicko

Boston Bay Brewery
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying some brew gear from the good old US of A and I just did a Google on Paypal and the search results came up with all these warnings about the downfalls of using Pay Pal and how some US states have banned it.

So what I need to know is if anyone on this forum has had any problems with this method and what should a bloke from the bush like me be looking for?

Cheers

hi dicko
just asked the wife about paypal as she uses it regularly and has had no probs whatso ever.its linked via amex so once she uses it she checks the amex balance and its all there.btw the wife has been using this for over one year.
just came to mind i bought harley parts from the states via paypal and went through no worries and arrived within two weeks.

cheers
big d

Used it to get a refractormeter a month ago no dramas here

sintax

I would probably use Visa but I cant help being cautious about net purchases.

Cheers

its so secure, i cant even get into my own account!! seriously, forgot my password, now i need to send them a fax of two documents to prove who i am. when i have used them there have been no problems.
joe

I used them once, about a year ago. From a security point of view it seemed to work OK.

Then they wouldn't leave me alone. I kept getting little messages from them urging me to use my account etc. I ended up cancelling.

Trev

Nothing to worry about in safety/security, however what Trev said about SPAM is a whole other issue....

I have used paypal for the bulk refractometer purchase and buying some other stuff from USA.

Even used paypal to make a donation to Fiscus for the AHB Site Hosting.

Had no problems so far...

have used it to buy and sell stuff, only a few time... prob with selling is fees, but i just get people to add 2%or3% or so to the sale,

works well for me..

80% of our sales is electronically derived. We have used PayPal of several years now. The fees are no more than what Credit Cards charge, there is direct, real time tracking of payments, receipts, etc. What finally convinced us to sign up years ago was a Wall Street Journal article, basically stating that PayPal is locked up so tight that Wall Street financial big wigs liked it and wished their Financial Corporations had thought of it !

Yep, PayPal is good - I've used it on E-bay and have had no problems - it's pretty safe IMHO...

TL

Back